Fort Erie ice - Feb 3

Guest chilli

Tripped to the lake to try a deeper bay halfway between FE and Ridgway. In spots there was 10 inches and others there was 4 of soft ice. I had to travel through this to get to the drop off.

iceland.jpg

That's the dog in the ice.

After my trecherous adventure and nothing to show for it I caught the sunset. The water was crystal clear and about 20 foot deep and I tried several things and methods for 2 hours however when you travel through that kinda ice you follow your tracks back as soon as the sun hit the horizon.

PAsunset.jpg

Tommy.......nice to see someone else here has a "Staff" terrier . My 6 yr old has been on TV (CH) , twice, & in the Standard (front page) and she is the same way when it comes to water ! She made the news because some dimwit in Wainfleet starved her to within hours of death, along with a husky that was saved along with her. Too bad our illustrious gov. hasn't got the balls to go after the bad owners & want to exterminate the breed , even though the vets, humane societies ,and experts like Dr. Stanley Coren are dead set against this. Other breeds then can be added to the list without further legislation , like the labs, sheppards etc that have a higher bite rate. I think we all will see some very strict rules on our dogs like muzzels in public, micro-chips,obedience trained papers,etc. It may be very costly for all of us to get a dog in the future . This is a huge thing ,with clubs all over the world watching, and as you prob. know , things are already going underground . Ontario must have many millions of $$ to spend on this because we will do whatever it takes to make it impossible for those lying no-good dictators to police this vote-getting act of theirs. Funny , other dog owners don't seem to care about this as it doesn't seem to single out their dog. Take care !

Tommy.......nice to see someone else here has a "Staff" terrier . My 6 yr old has been on TV (CH) , twice, & in the Standard (front page) and she is the same way when it comes to water ! She made the news because some dimwit in Wainfleet starved her to within hours of death, along with a husky that was saved along with her. Too bad our illustrious gov. hasn't got the balls to go after the bad owners & want to exterminate the breed , even though the vets, humane societies ,and experts like Dr. Stanley Coren are dead set against this.  Other breeds then can be added to the list without further legislation , like the labs, sheppards etc that have a higher bite rate. I think we all will see some very strict rules on our dogs like muzzels in public, micro-chips,obedience trained papers,etc. It may be very costly for all of us to get a dog in the future . This is a huge thing ,with clubs all over the world watching, and as you prob. know , things are already going underground . Ontario must have many millions of $$ to spend on this because we will do whatever it takes to make it impossible for those lying no-good dictators to police this vote-getting act of theirs. Funny , other dog owners don't seem to care about this as it doesn't seem to single out their dog. Take care !

8812[/snapback]

I agree its the owners majority of the time Smerchly not the dog.I heard an interesting comment last week about pitbulls.A so called expert said pitbulls are targeted because of the potential of what their jaws can do with very little pressure.I,m in the service trade(heat/air) & have been bit 6 times.Only once by a dog over 20 lbs.I was never hurt bad but heard every time Don,t worry about the dog he,s friendly.By the way not one of those dogs were a pitbull.I think this is where the experts opinion comes in,because of their jaw they could have inflickted more damage.I have a yellow lab of my own,fortunately he,s been great,but I wouldn,t have to out a muzzle on him.I don,t agree with what might happen.Go after the owners first and see what happens.Good luck

Ya Chills ,feel a bit better .....but I just heard on the news that Mr.Bryant really has his mind made up. He never intended to listen to anybody in the first place. That's what all the politicos do ! They know that the millions of high rise dwellers will side with him & that's where the votes are ....simple arithmetic . Too bad, our govt. is so corrupt,but we can still give them all we got if we want to change things......Hope this will be the biggest & costliest fight they ever had ......something like the gun registry.....Not going to let it get to me though ....gonna get me big pole out and see if I can land another 10 lb bow like the one I got at Port Dal.today ! My smelly old roe paid off this afternoon with two bows in twenty minutes .

Archived