Who's catching pike?

FishyWishy

By the number of replies to the pikeoff thread I thought I'd see more pike opening reports...with tape and logo.

So who's catch and how is it going.

I'm still working on 50 posts before I try.

FW

Guest Rockfish

Alot of the bigger Pike have moved to deeper water right now after the spawn and there still should be lots of snot rockets around. Just keep at it, there will still be some good sized Pike around following the Perch and baitfish, best time to get them is close to dark.

<_<

Alot of the bigger Pike have moved to deeper water right now after the spawn and there still should be lots of snot rockets around. Just keep at it, there will still be some good sized Pike around following the Perch and baitfish, best time to get them is close to dark.

<_<

I got 2, 4 lbs pike in dain city yesterday... nothing to big but they are there...

i dont even try to catch pike here really

i just dont see the point in catching pike under 10lbs

honestly... they are lazy fighters and fight for 2 seconds then just get reeled in like a log

gotta go after the big pike to get the big fight! and that usually puts me up around thunder day and the nipigeon river every august

It's usually hard for me to get in any quality fishing time during this time of year with all the roadwork and new construction happening. However this year has been especially hard. This is the second week in a row that I've gone to work on monday with plans on getting out afterward, only to get stuck there till tuesday :Gonefishing:

Last week I wound up working a 27 hrs shift and this week a 36 hr one. I dread to think of what next week will bring :dunno: Maybe I should call in sick ahead of time now :lol:

good going on the pike, the ones in the pic there are probably about the average norm for this time of year and summer. I don't think we will see alot of big ones until into next winter/early spring. This year was a little weird too because there is a closed season on areas that where always open before inland.

Good Going Bassassasin

10 more posts an I'm elligible to enter the contest.

how many more posts Fishy????? :blush::worthy:

FishyWishy.....when you start fishing for pike to post , change your name to WishyFishy .....it works ! :blush:

Het If I get out for Pike even as much as I got out to hunt turkey I won't even be a concern in the pikeoff. :worthy:

Thanks 4 the replies. I dont know how many more post i need, prob lots...

Awell, got this one this afternoon

Still trying to fig out the pic thing on this site...

Guest Rockfish
I nailed this one but dont have enough post to enter, would have been a good one.

Nice Pike bassdan, should be more where that came from later on.

:)

Good to see people are on to the pike.. Try out that spot again if there is one there is prob more...

I got 5 in 2 hours at my one spot.. Nothing to big 5 lbs max..

If you know where to get some chubs let me know...

The big pike are definetly still around...I find during the day they are holding in the deepper edges and pockets and around 630- 7 ish they come in closer for a meal..last night i was out at the spot....started around 530 didnot get into action till about 645 ...a nice 30" at least had a nice belly on her to....just shows keep casting until your arm falls off and keep switching up the lures....I was using a fake minno soft plastic with a slow up and down retreive..mr pikey inhaled it....I also seen a nice one cruise by much bigger. so there out there...just fish em hard. and theyll hit.

Archived