The Ontario Human Rights commission

fanggo

Yowzas.. I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been canned as per the forum rules "yadda yadda disparaging remarks on the basis or race, gender sexual orientation..." Is it therefore okay to be a strict authoritarian on rules in real life, but online, since everyone is vaguely hididng behind a pseudonym, well, just do what you want until someone tells you to stop?

I get the impression that some of the points of view here go a lot deeper than sharing the shoreline with fellow anglers.

I've lived in Niagara my whole life and I'm no stranger to the fact that our racial diversity doesn't reflect that of the rest of ontario, or the rest of canada. (Ie.. We're very white.)

I'm also no stranger to hearing people use fairly narrow minded language when discussing issues of race, and it makes me feel just as uncomfortable reading it online as it does hearing it come out of someones mouth. And yes I do speak up when friends or acquaintances make themselves look foolish with the language they use.

Canada's immigration policy is what drives our economy, and if it weren't for people immigrating to our country, population growth would become stagnant. When population growth becomes stagnant, you'll see a lot more people getting laid off than we already see.

Change with the times or get left behind my friends.

I hardly think that our government is that lame. They took Chinese Police officers from Peel Regional and had them "go fishing" during this inquiry.

Thier reports of "GO BACK HOME" "GET OFF THIS LAKE" amongst a few insidents were also included with the five charges for assault.

Please don't continually bash Canada. We do a lot of things right. And with every government improvement is always strived. I remember when many people bumped their gums over the fact that Chrétien said NO to going into Iraq.

I love this country and all the people in it - we are all Canadians and we all can be improved upon.

Nothing gets changed unless we speak out. If you feel strongly about the abuse of fishing rights, or the lack of enforcement then lodge complaints. Group

and file graveness. There are enough fishing groups here in Niagara that can do that. Lobby - let your voice be heard.

You know what, there were a few borderline comments made in this thread and I think that before someone says something that goes a bit too far I decided to close it. I really don't wanna hear anything from anyone about freedom of speech yadda yadda yadda, let's just give this one a rest for the sake of everyone here.

Archived