Some Spring Action

Smokin Joe

My family came in for the long weekend and a couple of us decided to do some salmon fishing. Made arrangements with Bowen to get out for a while today.

Met up with Bowen this morning at around 6 am and headed out into Lake Ontario. We weren't even out 10 minutes and only had one rod in the water when we were on our first fish. A few minutes later my brother-in-law landed this nice little king.

05-25-08_0625.jpg

Started setting up more rods and again fish on another nice little king.

05-25-08_1014.jpg

The next one put up a bit more of a fight so we thought it would be a nicer fish for sure. Got a little suprise when it got close to the boat :blink:

05-25-08_0657.jpg

The bite slowed down a little after that but it didn't take to long before I landed a nice one. This one came in with a bonus..... a lamprey :dunno:

05-25-08_0902.jpg

The big fish of the day went to my nephew, weighing in 16lbs

05-25-08_1300.jpg

I have a few more pics but the fish are cut off, have to teach the nephews how to use a camera :lol:;)

Was a great day on the water all around. The weather was awesome and we managed to go 9-9 on the day.

It couldn't have been any better.

We'd like to thank Bowen for a great day out, they're already making plans on coming back in the summer :blush:

Archived