The current weather & cool nights

Technosis

I'm just wondering with the somewhat cool weather are we a bit behind the usual spring cycle in fishing? Will this for instance mean a later Bass spawn? How does this year compare to others in the past? Thanks! :rolleyes:

i think there will be a later bass spawn, been hunting the pike in martindale pond and there are very few bass in the shallows compared to last year. also there were trout 2 feet from shore along lake ontario up until 2 weeks ago ... usually those shore trout are long gone by mid may

Temps dropping to 7C here & 5C Hamilton way tonight ....keeping the water temps low . We could use some warm rains to pick up the water temps and get the fish spawning back on track. The bass guys could tell us more how the bass are doing .......

Things are behind about 7-10 days all over southern Ontatio at this point!!

I am with ya on that one...great for the extended steelie fishin this year, but not so hot figuring the patterns on a few other fish...even last 2 times at my camp..conditions are behind..water level was up, water is cold, weeds are behind...fishing is behind and gotta change tactics a bit for the pike and the walleye fishin.....it's a tough job figuring it out, but i think I can suffer ;)

Archived