Wellandport today

rick

This is one of my rare fishing reports that I know will shock many people here, but yes I do fish sometimes. :D

I went out with my buddy Scott on the western end of the Welland River this morning to catch some cats, and although we didn't hit any monsters it overall wasn't a bad day. Several channel cats and mud cats were caught along with a few white bass and even a nice crappy. Both worms and chicken liver worked well on the cats.

Here I'm all tied up at the moment.

may3008009.jpg

This one has a nice chunk removed from his back.

may3008012.jpg

may3008007.jpg

may3008005.jpg

may3008010.jpg

may3008008.jpg

This gentleman from Hamilton was shore fishing where the launch was and caught this nice carp while we were pulling out the boat.

may3008016.jpg

Way to slay them Rick , good size channels & nice calico ! The Welland R. is like Portdaloozie , lots of variety to keep you guessing what you have on the line . I have some fine catfish minnows .....the big ones , so I'll have to give the river a go soon .

Guest Super Angler Richard

I've heard of some really nice catches of Channel Cat coming with the use of cut bait...the "oozier" the better. Ive even heard of people in the old days weighting down "cut" bullfrogs on a sinker and getting great action.. :dunno:

very nice catch, went down there yesterday and cought a few nice ones, plus a pretty nice carp also. I dont think I have ever been skunked there before, always bring in least 5 or 6 of those cats! Always a fun way to spend the day!

Archived