PERCH & WALEYE BOY'S

ROB MCINTOSH

I was told this and I don't beleive it is being practiced: You can only have in your freezer your daily possesion only, you can not go out today and catch your daily possesion and go back out tomorrow and do it again so now you have 100 perch in your freezer that also applies to waleye and any other species that have a limit, now I know everyone is going to hit the roof on this one but if we are going to female dog about what we see other anglers do we should practice what we preach, Bigfish maybe you could correct me if I'm wrong,(be nice) :Gonefishing: Rob Mcintosh

From what I've heard, your limit is your limit in boat, fridge, truck...anywhere...If I have my limit of picks in my fridge from my last fishing trip, by law I can't keep anymore...another example, and this is how I found this out, if your at Nipissing for 3 days, catch your limit the first day and freeze them all because you went out for diner, you can't catch anymore the next day...so it seems as more of a possession limit then a daily limit. I don't like the idea because that would force me to eat all the fish right away, many people like to keep the fish they caught from their trip and freeze them for later dates, especially if it's your only trip all winter...but I don't make the rules so what does it matter.

Guest bigfish1965

PickerelHunter is correct. Your daily limit is your possession limit.

There are, I think, two excpetions but those are in the LOTW area and deal with bag limits.

I guess the only thing I can add to this "fish in the freezer" thing is, if you have kids , you can add a possession limit for them too ? And some people will give a few fish to their families or friends who like to eat fish . Some people will bend the rules , like the guy who will go back to the grocery store 5 times to get his 3 chicken limit @99cents a lb. :Gonefishing: There's also a big difference from keeping 5 trout in the 5-10 lb range and little one pounders for the amount of fish in your freezer (no slot size) Once again,it's all about ethics which most fisherman practice .

Sorry perchly, i went back to a&p to get some groceries i forgot and also to get 2 more mccain rising crust pizzas as they had a limit on dem darn good pizzas :Gonefishing: i have witnessed guys fishing st.johns leaving with their 2 fish only to see them coming back 45 minutes later and start fishing again, where it says daily limit is 2. as per groceries, it says limit 2 per customer but there is no possession limit :D

Always wondered the same thing Tommy. I've heard that the Kids is part of Dads or Moms limit but always wondered about that cause what's to stop a couple 12 year old kids from going fishing at the local pond by themselves? Are they not allowed to keep a fish if they want to? Good question.

Guest Gill Finigan

i'll have to double check the regs. But i believe kids and seniors can keep full limits. Except non residents kids and seniors can fish off an adults non resident licence limits or buy a non resident licence.

This past summer whilst fishing with my daughter we were visited by CO on the lake and were told she is entitled to conservation limit only. I think that applies to seniors also . My query is ,Are non residents ( Americans)allowed full limits or are they only entitled to conservation limits?

Guest bigfish1965

Children and seniors are allowed full Sport Fishing License Possession limits (see 2004-2005 Reg's ,General Section page 1) so technically you may gift your fish to your children. However party fishing is not permitted and you cannot take the tyke along to increase your limit from 6 to 12. You may catch and retain six and your child may also.

Fish in the freezer caught by angling are the same. Before someone asks, fish purchased at the grocery store do not count against your limit but you must retain them in the original packaging.

That was good Bucket ....but I hope those pizzas aren't loaded with anchovies ! Did you know the possession limit for them is 50 ? Better check your freezer .... :dunno: And , as usual, Bigfish finds the final truth ......take your kids and let them catch their own supper. But I think the bottom line here is "fresh" fish are better, so how much do you need in the freezer ? I'll bet lots of good fish gets thrown out when it became freezer burned etc. If a bunch of people are having a get together and a fish fry is on the menu, then a larger stock of fillets will be needed . Now, I need to get some of those smelt that seem so plentiful this year .........(50 anchovies ? ) lol :blink:

about freezer burn:

as long as the fillets are frozen in a ziplock back/container filled with water, they'll be find indefinately.

when great grandma and great grandpa passed away, we cleaned out their house. In their freezer were perch fillets that could have been upwards of five years old.

they were contained properly (obviously granny isn't screwing around), and tasted great five years later!

Spoiling fish is an injustice!

Archived