Poison Sprays

smerchly

Being against lawn spraying to kill weeds with poisonous substances , Sandy tells me to try vinegar on the creeping charlie & other nasty weeds infecting my lawn . So , I spray those wide leaf weeds which send out shoots across the grass and eventually takes over the back yard....my worm pickin haven ! WELL ....a day later , I see brown patches on the grass.......seems ,the white vinegar is deadly to anything green !!! This stuff is like Agent Orange !!!! :blink: I will use a smaller sprayer & be careful not to overspray next time ! This should be especially good for weeds in drive ways etc. where overspray is not important ......and since it's only vinegar , I would say it is enviro-friendly ?

here's a shot of my recklessness..... :dunno:

vingrass.jpg

I just told someone today to use vinigar on a hot sunny day instead of roundup! It kills everything. As a matter of fact if you water it down and saturate the ground, it will force worms to the surface and burn the living crap out of them.

To kill everything green (like when your starting a lawn from scratch again) mix vinigar/water 50/50 and use a weed sprayer to coat (not saturate) whatever green thing your trying to kill. After a day it looks dead. After 2 days it's right brown and after 3 you can rake it off the soil.

I'll try the 50% solution Dan . Vinegar has been around a long time & it's cheap ( $1.97 for 4 litres) ! Here is where I got the info , sent in the mail from the city........ Give some of this stuff a try .....like mixing 50% borax with 50% icing sugar to feed ants .They carry it to the queen and after she eats some.......kaboom....she expodes ! :blink:

Right column " acetic acid " is vinegar.....

The%20Green%20Leaf.jpg

I'll try the 50% solution Dan . Vinegar has been around a long time & it's cheap ( $1.97 for 4 litres) ! Here is where I got the info , sent in the mail from the city........ Give some of this stuff a try .....like mixing 50% borax with 50% icing sugar to feed ants .They carry it to the queen and after she eats some.......kaboom....she expodes ! :blink:

Right column " acetic acid " is vinegar.....

The%20Green%20Leaf.jpg

Thats very useful info Smerch, the ferric/iron phosphate one is interesting for ticks although it isn't water soluble. Vinegar is also an insect repellant, if sitting outside spray the area around you, although you have to be careful what you spray.

Guest canada

The MNR and the Conservation Authority have been experimenting with vinegar to kill black locust bushes with good results!!Black locust is an invasive species and is reaking havoc with the natural flora :blink:

I douched a bunch of weedy crap that i can never get rid of at my place today...will see what happenes

Roundup or Killex has never worked so it was worth a shot

Archived