Algonquin

Backwoods

My break is over. I hit all kinds of rivers and lakes over the past year and did very well. I always seem to take about two months off from the end of laker ice fishing to walley open. And even then its only a couple times out.

Well the break has been nice, even though I made it out for a tournment on the Trent "for the walley open " and some nice walley fishin at the cottage in havelock its time to start the engine again.

The wife and I are planning a trip to algonquin in two weeks. I have never had real luck at fishin this time of year for trout. Does anyone have any good lakes that they have had good fishing in late june, ealy july. I know that most lakes are good early in the spring, however Im lookin for something in late June. If you know any lakes on the north west, or noth side of the park that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Backwoods :Gonefishing:

I don''t know much about the lakes in Algonquin but maps are available which will I.D. some prime fishing spots up there . One of my fishing /hunting buds lives at Havelock ( Oz McPhaden) who lives one the Trent which runs through his back yard. Maybe you know him ........does nice work on props .

My cousin & I years ago went to Algonquin for a week of portageing.Caught lots of trout,mostly brook trout.We went out of Brent.If you get a good map you,ll see Brent.we hit some lakes called Burntwood ,Hogan.Unfortunately can,t remember any others.(been awhile).Excellent trip.I,m not sure if these lakes are on the noth side or not.Most of our fish were caught in or near rapids.If I can find my map from that trip I,ll give you more details.I can add Cedar lake as another.Good luck

Go in at Brent at Deux Rivieres. Hit any of the small lakes - creeks - rivers that are heading towards the Ottawa.

There's creeks that flow under the Brent Road loaded with specks through june, and your not even in the park yet.

Sorry for the Late reply but thanks for the info.

I do have the hydro map book of "fishing algonquin". However I find most lakes in the book deal with lakes off hwy 60. We are trying to avoid the crowds of hwy 60.

I will look into some of the lakes and rivers mentioned.

Archived