Finished Mount

jhm123452000

Wow, thats really nice.

cro

... now if we could only get that enlarged twenty times set in bronze up next to the Dunnville Dam parking lot instead of some mudcat hidden off somewheres in Lions Park ... :Gonefishing:

that turned out great man, I remeber when you got that fish and that you where very excited to get it mounted that way..I see it was well worth the wait. That didn't take too long at all from winter really, my musky mount took from october to the following September to get done

Im jealous......excellant job ! :Gonefishing: The fish looks very natural and the paint job is super ! I dabble in this hobbie but only use oilS & brushes . Finer work can be done with an air brush for sure . This type of mount takes a lot of time and precise fitting like a reg.wall mount in which you can leave a 1/4" to 1/2" gap on the sew line . Job well done !!!

Beautiful mount! who did the work?

Hey Tom..............His names Bill Zabluda........... referred me to him...............When I picked up my fish today Bill showed me a 14lbs walleye he's working on right now (caught on Quinte)it's huge.................Ya Jack I'm glad I got it mounted that way both side on a petastal it's more money but well worth it.............Jeff :Gonefishing:

:o what a beautiful looking mount...looks so real and in motion.

How much would something like that cost to do?.... if you don't mind me asking?

cheers

Black Jimmy

This cost $500 a pedastal mount....................If I wanted a wall mount 1 side of the fish finished $300................JHM

Beautiful work!!! I love a great mount and had some fantastic work done by a guy called Joe Martin in Hamilton years ago. Unfortunately I have never caught anything big enough to be worth mounting since. I catch lots of eaters and release the bigger ones but the true trophy fish seem to go into hiding when ever I am around.

One of the best mounts I have seen. It looks amazing.

What is the best way to care for a fish you want mounted before you bring it in? You know, just incase I go out tomorrow and land that damn trophy pike that has been eluding me for a while now.

One of the best mounts I have seen. It looks amazing.

What is the best way to care for a fish you want mounted before you bring it in? You know, just incase I go out tomorrow and land that damn trophy pike that has been eluding me for a while now.

Hey Sea.............Bill told me to freeze it.................the most important thing is becareful of the fins be cause there's no fixing them...........if you look on my fish you'll see the spiney dorsal fin has a imperfection...........so just becareful of the fins............Jeff

Hey Sea.............Bill told me to freeze it.................the most important thing is becareful of the fins be cause there's no fixing them...........if you look on my fish you'll see the spiney dorsal fin has a imperfection...........so just becareful of the fins............Jeff

You can fix fins or even replace a broken one . I used a fin from a sucker to fix a walleye yrs.ago <_< Here's a pic .of Scottydogs pike which was frozen for about 6 yrs .& the tail was broken up a bit .

best%20side%20pike.jpg

I used silicone & drywall tape to cover the broken area & shaped & painted over it with oils . It's not perfect but not noticeable from a distance ......of 2 miles :unsure:

scotts%20pike.jpg

When freezing a fish for mounting , clean the fish off well with water , carefully slide it into a green garbage bag (or clear one) & protect the tail by wrapping a damp rag around it a few times or put a piece of cardboard on each side of the tail . Roll the bag around the fish & tape it shut . Keep the tail from being knocked or other frozen food from hitting it & it should be in good shape for your taxidermist .

Archived