OPEN WATER CRYSTAL BEACH

denis

Wanted to give everyone a heads up before the weekend. The Lake has opened up from the palmwood all the way east to windmill point and maybe more. I would highly advise thinking twice about going to far out especially with the sw winds expected today. I also just got off the phone with a reliable source who was trying to get out on the ice and couldn't due to poor conditions. Take it for what it's worth but at least you have been warned I'd hate to here about someone going in. The marinas are all still safe as far as I know but like I said the lake has opened up and in my opinion it ain't worth the risk.

no fish is worth dying for.. always fish safe!!

9376[/snapback]

I'm "dying for" a feed of smelts....... :blush: see some of you at Dunville in the morn.----I'll be the guy with the 8 lb wally.....and a bunch of smelts! :D

Guest cplummer

and i'll be the guy with the 8.1 lb walleye no smelts lol..

i'm in a grey shappell 4 man hut if you get cold we have heat.. fishing with brabley_p joining us will be jeetmuck (gene) and tommyniagara (tom)

see you boys out there and good luck to all... lets have some fun..i'm gonna bring underwater video camera so if anyone wants to see the smelt.... or if the drilling gets tough borrow my power auger providing i don't have to run around the ice looking for it... lol..

cliff..

Guest Jeetmuck

Thanks Chilli, :D:blush: That sunk hut might just be what it looks like.

I was going to bring my 2 man out but that means more to carry. So i think I am gonna rough it for the day, may be a bad idea hearing that the wind is going to pick up by tommorow though.

Gene

It got pretty cold with the wind here today Gene. You can always leave the hut by the car. Took the dog for a walk and stayed warm except the face. The wind nummed it up pretty quick.cold%20smiley.gif

Archived