OFAH Report

bigugli

I noticed, with some dismay, in the annual report, that there is no representation from the Niagara region in the OFAH slate of officers.

Allot of guys have asked me why the Federation isn't as active in Niagara as most of the Province. Well we the members are the OFAH so if we're not active in our area, neither is the Federation.

Despite the current situation, the last 2 past Zone chairmen were from the Port Colborne Conservation Club. Alf Marranelli and Felix Barbetti both still sit on the zone executive (to my knowledge). It sure would be nice to get a dozen guys to put together one of those kids programs.

Allot of guys have asked me why the Federation isn't as active in Niagara as most of the Province. Well we the members are the OFAH so if we're not active in our area, neither is the Federation.

Despite the current situation, the last 2 past Zone chairmen were from the Port Colborne Conservation Club. Alf Marranelli and Felix Barbetti both still sit on the zone executive (to my knowledge). It sure would be nice to get a dozen guys to put together one of those kids programs.

I fully appreciate the problem of lack of activity here in Niagara.

As to the youth program. A weekend summer program here would be great. There are suitable facilities around. There are a lot of resources around. Avid outdoorsmen, paddlers, scouters,etc... . I'm game for a program of that nature.

Well we the members are the OFAH so if we're not active in our area, neither is the Federation.

Bang on, Chilli :unsure:

Alf, Felix and the OFAH have been of huge help on a couple of issues here in Niagara recently. Thanks to them, we now have Sunday gun hunting in Ft. Erie, Pt. Colborne, Wainfleet, Lincoln & Grimsby (and hopefully more to come...).

Furthermore, the ball is now rolling on making changes to the antiquated municpal hunting license (township license) system. The OFAH is acting on grassroots concerns that originated from hunters here in Niagara.

Bang on, Chilli :)

Alf, Felix and the OFAH have been of huge help on a couple of issues here in Niagara recently. Thanks to them, we now have Sunday gun hunting in Ft. Erie, Pt. Colborne, Wainfleet, Lincoln & Grimsby (and hopefully more to come...).

Furthermore, the ball is now rolling on making changes to the antiquated municpal hunting license (township license) system. The OFAH is acting on grassroots concerns that originated from hunters here in Niagara.

A small correction. Most of the town of Lincoln is a No firearms zone. That municipal regulation also includes pellet guns and paintball. That came about last year.

A small correction. Most of the town of Lincoln is a No firearms zone. That municipal regulation also includes pellet guns and paintball. That came about last year.

You can hunt small game and waterfowl with a shotgun in most of rural Lincoln. Lincoln has been "shotgun only" since the 1970's. Town of Lincoln By-law 07-90 updated and modernized the regs and the OFAH played an important part in the development of the wording to ensure that it was not unecessarilly restrictive outside of the built-up areas. The "no discharge" areas in Lincoln are limited to in and immediatly adjacent to the built-up areas and these "no discharge" areas changed very little in the new by-law. A large portion of Lincoln (generally the Escarpment and northward to the Lake) is in WMU 88 where there is no MNR firearms season for deer. WMU 88 is archery only for deer. WMU 89 (south of the escarpment) allows archery, shotgun & muzzleloader for deer.

Archived