Dunville Fishmaster Derby

The_Fish_Dawg

Thank you for a fun day......even thought the pickerel were not in the festive mood , I managed a few smelts . You sure had a lot of prizes for nearly everyone thanks to your generous sponsors . Met a lot of nice people out there and I'm looking forward to going next year . Congrats to Mike ....(WHAT'S YOUR SECRET WEAPON?)

Guest Jeetmuck

Congrats to Mike for winning the derby. It was pretty tough fishing today, but it was a good day to be out even with a good skunking to show for it.

Got to meet some nice people out there. One guy all the way from Wallaceburg, my home town, and another from Kingston.

Thanks to for setting up a fun tournament and hope to get out there for the next one.

Wow everything was already said. Ok here's a couple of pics

Dr Bob and Smerchly. Nice rod Smerch! :Gonefishing:

DrBob%20n%20Smerchly.jpg

Jeetmuck

Jeetmuck.jpg

Not sure who his guest was. Forgot to introduce myself.

Guest cplummer

congrats mike for winning the title !

thanks to steve for hosting a great derby we has alot of fun and i'll be in the next one ..Next time i'll book the day off instead of working till 2am the night before and not sleeping a wink then going back into work right after the derby.. I had 4 walleye on that stopped me dead in my upjig..1/2 asleep sucks i'll tell you!! the fish are there we brought 2 aqua vu cameras and seen a few walleye but wow so many smelts !! again thanks steve for the derby..

cliff...

After the derby I headed to Tim Hortans and was greeted by a line up of fishermen at the washroom and service counter. Everyone had to bleed the lizzard before refilling. Even though bassically gave us our money back in draw prizes I still needed to recoup the gas money so I stopped at Rameys bend on the way home. Put on a green buckshot jig with a minnow and power jiged my way to 2 more smelts and a mud puppy. There were some kids upsetting their parents across the ice so I gave the mud puppy to them and it kept them busy for a while.

So it was more than worth the gas money. I met alot of nice people. Got a work out with my dull auger drilling multiple holes (one you could fall through) and ended up missing the kids. Seeya next year Steve. lookout YO cause I'm going to practise next time.

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
Yo is not a member here yet. "Yo fish" is though. I asked "Yo" about it and he said he didn't know this board. Maby soon.

9526[/snapback]

He said that..... lol

Guest bradley_p

I would like to thank (Steve) for a ride out where we fished as i did had heart sugury not to long ago. I had a fun day out on the ice and i do believe we found a good spot to fish. Cant wait untill next years Tournament.

thanks brad and cliff

Thanks for organizing the derby Steve. A great time had by all involved. At the awards ceremony, I saw a lot of happy people. Even with the lack of activity under the ice, it seemed like everyone on the ice stayed up beat and didn't give up.

I've got to thank my partner for the day "The Rock" at about 1pm, he gave me a pep talk and got me back in the zone! 1:15, I got a good hit and the fish let me bring him up and right through the hole.

The weather was great and the derby was well run, all in all, a great day. Looking forward to next year already!!

On a side note, don't worry Rick, I've bee a lurker on this board for a very long time, just never registered. I access the internet at work and only have about 40 minutes a day to do so, so I have to be careful with how many boards I post on. I felt like I'd better say something here this time, Keep up the good work, this board is great!

On a side note, don't worry Rick, I've bee a lurker on this board for a very long time, just never registered.  I access the internet at work and only have about 40 minutes a day to do so, so I have to be careful with how many boards I post on.  I felt like I'd better say something here this time, Keep up the good work, this board is great!

9613[/snapback]

Yo, welcome to the board and good job at the derby. Are you from Niagara?

Archived