Queenston Feb15

Flywire

As Brian said there was some ice but by the time i got down there there was almost none on the backdrift. I got there around 3 and left at 4:30 but managed one small brown. There were also some really wierd looking geese down there >_<.

brownqueenston6hb.jpg

And the wierd birds:

goose8be.jpg

nice fish!!!

i was gonna head down, but thought better of it.... guess it really wasn't better lol

Those Geese were following the boats around on the weekend, watched them swim behind a boat for about 100yds and they sat about 1ft from another boat while it was docked... pretty tame ;)

Flywire, that brown has great colour .....I believe the water quality affects the colour also . Those geese are different looking so I went to google and found them....they are called Greylag geese , and there is quite a history to them . Just type in "greylag geese " and go to either the web or images for lots of pics & info . I got a nice shot of three white swans at Port Dal. a few weeks ago that were all over the harbour . These birds need to get a grip and head south.....they can fly free of charge.... :)

I was actually going to keep it but it had a fair sized chunk missing out of its tail looked like a bite but had a couple small growths so I put it back and took off like nothing even happened. Later that day I went into a job interview smelling like trout >_<

Guest vidarling

Hey Flywire,

Nice Fish, beautiful colours. Hope that the interview went well.

As for the goose, Sorry Smerch, but that is a Greater White Fronted Goose. Greylag geese are only found in Europe and Asia.

I have seen them a few times intermingling with Canada Geese on the parkway in Fort Erie. They are nice to see. I used to see thousands of them during the migration season in Alberta.

Take Care,

Ian

P.S. I am still at Stamford, did you manage to escape, I mean graduate.

Thanks Vid for the info ......I did see that all the info on those geese was from Europe and even Greenland ! But when I went back to google & looked at both types , the greylag still looks more like those geese down at the river ...I'm no expert and they are very similiar looking ......they kind of remind me of the brant goose , wonder if they are as plentiful as our Canada geese....

Guest Chromeslayer

those geese have been down there for awhile now.. they were botherin us up in Devils Hole over 2 weeks ago.. swimmin up to the boat lookin for hand outs

Archived