Robins in October??

Bassmaster

:):lol: Who would have thunk it? Was out for a bit this morning, brought the camera with me and glad I did... found a whole bunch of robins down by our transit garage and found this guy in the tree.

I thought they disappeared by now? Anyway was glad the pic turned out ok, just wished the bird was a little clearer.

robininthefall2.jpg

Before the Whirlpool Jet boat company destroyed the spring fed ditch that flowed all winter down at Queenston, they could be viewed there all 4 seasons. During the last decade they could be spotted all down the River and escarpment.

Local Nature writer Earl Plato located in Ridgeway inquired about them and found that a Newfoundland Strain had migrated to the area. It seems a fluke they ended up here, perhaps a migrating flock got pushed by a storm or something, but they haven't returned or at least vacated the area. Earl pointed out that the Newfy strain was darker in appearance then our natives and I've noticed more robins this summer than any other variety of bird species.

Nice picture :wub:

Yes , I have seen 6 robins at a time in there Dan.......water cress & bugs seem to have kept them going . Maybe they will head south with the geese :lol: ?? The gorge also offers protection from the winds etc. Those @#$@& robins are the earliest birds to start their "cheerups" :unsure::unsure: about 4 am !!!! ....lookin 2 get lucky :lol: .......(feather pillow) :lol:

Guest canada
Before the Whirlpool Jet boat company destroyed the spring fed ditch that flowed all winter down at Queenston, they could be viewed there all 4 seasons. During the last decade they could be spotted all down the River and escarpment.

Local Nature writer Earl Plato located in Ridgeway inquired about them and found that a Newfoundland Strain had migrated to the area. It seems a fluke they ended up here, perhaps a migrating flock got pushed by a storm or something, but they haven't returned or at least vacated the area. Earl pointed out that the Newfy strain was darker in appearance then our natives and I've noticed more robins this summer than any other variety of bird species.

Nice picture :unsure:

The ditch and pipe are still there gotta acess it from the other end where the old boat ramp was, lots of water cress still there aswell :unsure:

Archived