Nov 22- Boater/Non-Boater Trout Derby Day

jwl

Guest niagarariverpro
hey me and fishinjack want to go together we both dont have any experience on the river so it will be a fair setup

one of you run elects very well? need a front man to run it..

you'll learn alot less being both inexperienced.... Jack will fix u boys up .

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok i guess we can be separated but if i may i want to request that i be paired up wit someone well known and very trustworthy

don't worry, I have fished with probably at least 10 of the boaters or more..all great people to spend the day with..between Cliff, and Me, we know everyone coming out, can put you in a boat with someone I personally know and have spent days on the water with :lol:

We get 4-5-6 boats out there and split up for the day alot, so we will have no probs placing some of you younger guys with a good boat for the day, I got no probs taking 2 "newbs" out for the day if I have to..I can run the boat and electrics in the drifts myslef...easier if I don't have to..but I got no probs doing it. :)

Guest niagarariverpro
don't worry, I have fished with probably at least 10 of the boaters or more..all great people to spend the day with..between Cliff, and Me, we know everyone coming out, can put you in a boat with someone I personally know and have spent days on the water with :lol:

We get 4-5-6 boats out there and split up for the day alot, so we will have no probs placing some of you younger guys with a good boat for the day, I got no probs taking 2 "newbs" out for the day if I have to..I can run the boat and electrics in the drifts myslef...easier if I don't have to..but I got no probs doing it. :)

Jack we can put him with JHM (jeff) he is confirmed and experienced as they come and very trustworthy.. as i fish alot with jeff...

Cliff..

Hey Jack,

My Friend Josh (anythinthatswims) and i are in as boaters. We want to stay together on his boat though. We can take one non boater if there is not enough room for everyone. We have all PFDS and safety gear needed.

Bowen

Hey Jack,

My Friend Josh (anythinthatswims) and i are in as boaters. We want to stay together on his boat though. We can take one non boater if there is not enough room for everyone. We have all PFDS and safety gear needed.

Bowen

awesome to get some more boats confirmed

were are we all meeting for the tourny

I would suggest that after people are partnered up with the boats that everyone works it out amoungst themselves to car-pool ect as some people are coming from all over the place, a couple people as much as a couple hours away. And also if everyone shows up, we don't need a big number of vehicles with boat trailers, and also 20 cars coming out for the day...stay tuned at the beginning of the week we will have groups put together, and a related post so we can get this all sorted out the best way to suit everyone :Gonefishing: ...for example, I am coming from Fort Erie, but don't mind stopping off in between and in the Falls to pick a couple people up along the way.....but...I am heading out pretty early on account of I am helping set this up, and we want to be able to get boats in the water as efficiently as we can :D

Im still in if theres room.

Fully equipt and have fished down there quite a few times.

Not a lot of experiance on the electrics (or spelling for that matter)

added :o

• 2 weeks later...

I remember how much I enjoyed my first outing as a newbie last year.

I got hooked up with an awesome fellow.

Looks like with the new boats and new nebies it might be the time to reshuffle the cards to see where the new list sits Jack.

But what do I know.

Just remembering how I lucked out.

Never mind - that may separate doc and rick - never mind.

are we just adding our own teams now?

I think what Steve was trying to say is he is entering the derby but already has a full boat......some guys have smaller boats and can only take 1 "non-boater" while others like myself can comortably take 2 non-boaters with them for the day....all depends on the size of people's boats ect.......some may even be able to take 3 non-boaters aboard for the day.

A few people have opted to enter the derby that already had a boat full for the day...lots of people are coming from out of town..even as much as 2-3 hours away, and are bringing somone along, but at the same time have opened up a non-boater seat for the day. Others have enetered the derby and have opened themselves up for the day to take non-boaters out on the river......of all those people we have went over the "non-boater" list from 2 website fishing forums and combined the 2 together and tried to place as many people as we can accordingly on anyone's boat who has opened up a seat or 2.....so far we only had 1 cancell and we have actually added a couple open seats so there will be a couple more people from the "non-boater list added accordingly just so you know..as of right now, I can now place at least 3 non-boaters who are waiting in the wings from both forums, and I still have a couple boats pending.

FYI, this was never ever meant to be any kind of cut-throat kind of derby day out there...it's for fun!!!!, never any set teams, anyone from the 2 forums can enter that wanted to, we where having a derby and Cliff extended the invite to join in to NFN, and together we have worked to get a tonne of boats out there...if there is 20 boats going out for the day....15 of them are from NRS and have opened up seats for the day to I would say 80% of the non-boaters who are from NFN..... half the idea is to get a bunch of guys and boats out there and get some people who normally never get to experience that kind of fishing for the day fishing oin the river.

All the non-boaters where placed at random on the boats for the day...some people know each other...some don't...some have many years experience on the river..some it will be thier first time...the whole idea was and is to put boats out there full of people that pretty much makes even odds for everyone.......there is no boat full of "ringers" going out to win for the day.....for that matter all of us in the know so to speak even share where the best drifts are...where the fish are, and what's catching the fish, hell for that matter we even share baits ,gear, lifejckets ect for with other boats, many of this do this on a smaller scale all the time, we just thought we would open up the oportunity to other to join in.....WE ARE NOT LEAVING ONE OR ANOTHER TEAM..'OUT IN THE WATER" SO TO SPEAK!!!

Like I said this is for the whole fun of getting a bunch of people out there and having a great day on the water...there are some great prize as well......sure there is a cash prize for 1st and 2nd place fish..but there is also alot of great other random prizes on the go too....a walleye charter for summer of '09, a custom drift rod, all sort of various steelie tackle packages, an donations coming in as we speak.

It is totally with our regret that everyone who has shown interest in this may not be able to participate,,,but you all have to remember that this was and invite extended from another board..of which about covers 75%-80% of the "boaters" out there who have been willing to place 90% of the people from 2 fishing board combined and take them out on a great adventure for the day..for those of us that do this regularly throughout the winter it's got nothing to do with the prizes at the end of the day....but everything to do with getting out there and having fun.

we are doing our best to accommodate everyone, and we still have a couple boaters pending and seats will be filled accordingly.

Thanks for hearing/reading me out here, we are not trying to leave anyone out of this at all and I think it's quite generous for the day that we managed to round up a crap load of boats and people willing to fill them up for the day in most cases with people they don't even know, and have done so because of a small group of diehards who gets out there all winter long

So, I hope that answers some of the questions people may have about this whole thing... some feeling like they are being left out...people having thier own teams ect, this is for a fun day of fishing not any BS about who brought who out in thier boat for the day, we placed practically everyone from this board who said they wanted to join in on this derby on a boat for the day and the ones on the sidelines are trying to be placed as we speak, I even can place a couple more people after tonight.

anyone who has a beef with that...no probs...we can fill the seats in the boats :blahblah1:

Guest niagarariverpro
:blahblah1::P:) awesome work Jack..your sure doing all the work here!!! you better win something for all the work!! now people see why your a admin on NRS.. you do all my dirty work :lol:

Archived