Yesterday

jwl

Hmmm, this is the front page of a fishing forum and yet I only see one actualy fishing report on here, come on folks...no one go fishing anymore??? :D

There is a tonne of great fishing options this time of year, and in a week and 2 days we have a trout derby going on, some of you guys should be getting out there, experimenting and doing some homework ;)

If you are sitting around waiting for someone on the internet to tell you when the fishing is good, you are probably missing it :P

We all know at a couple spots(well the people fishing know), that the conditions have not been the most ideal, low currents for drifting, lower viz and a bit of mixed weather in the deal that have thrown the fishing off a bit, but if you touhg it out, you can find some fish. The warm spell we had kind of threw the trout fishing out of whack a little, but there is other species to take advantage of,pike, perch,panfish if you are into that.

The guys trout fishing who have been doing thier homework have been beating the odds and catching some great fish. I been out 5 times in the last say 11-12 days and every trip has saw some nice fish.

Yesterday was a great day to take advantage of some warmer November weather and try a bit of experimenting on the river. Headed out with Niagarariverpro and Sirfishalot to share some good time on the water, and start to throw some patterns on the great fishing we will be having all winter, well that and find some fish for the derby too and try to see what they like for breakfast. :blink:

Conditions werent the best but you never know unless you get out there and try it out. Viz was a bit low first thing in the morning, maybe a foot at best, water stained, but luckily enough still green. Surprizingly enough the current was also a bit on the slower side, and even a couple spots where there should be a nice slow drift there was no current hardly :Gonefishing:

The weather has been a little too nice lately to get the big ones on active feeding mode, but happy to say it has dropped about 5 degrees since last week at this time.

The general consensis for the day from anyone we talked to was that it was a slow morning all around, a nice steelie caught on shore when we just put the boat in, but we did quite a bit of travelling , we each had some nice hits, lifted a couple fish from the bottom just long enough to get a head shake and they where gone, any boats that where in the areas we where fishing did the same thing, everyone travelled around to try and find some action, no other boats around us hooked any fish, but this is the time of year where fishing gets better by the day, and you just have to get out there and apply yourself.

I was very happy when Cliff put a nice spunky little high flying steelie in the boat..phewww!!!! someone had to break the ice and keep the non-skunk streak going in the boat it's had for the last 5 1/2 years..thanks for helping me out there man!!!!

We pounded the water changed up baits, fished a few different depths,and drifts to come up with anything. This is what you have to do if you expect to go out on the big river,break it down and stay on the fish all winter long. If some people wonder why there seems to be a few people on the board that get out there and seem to have decent luck all the time, it is simply because they got out there and gave it a go, somedays the fish come easy, but other days like yesterday, doing some homework pays off!!!

I was glad that I finally got something in the boat for the morning as well, a quick CPR and this gal went off back in the water so we can start catching them in about 2 weeks from now.

342869084.jpg

Thanks alot guys for sharing yet another great time on the water, now if this weather cooperates a little bit, you should see another report in a day or 2

Like I said derby next week, get out there and go fishin!!!

Nice laker JW.....seems when the bite is off , it's all everywhere ! Who knows for sure what causes fish to clam up . My first guess is the barometric pressure , then water temps . when the water temp. drops to 39*F the water flips over and puts the cooler water on top while the warm water sinks to bottom, which the fish must adjust to .....The cooler weather on the way should get them biting shortly . Thanks for the pic.

good report. Those lakers are very fragile it seems. Hold them by the gill and you have a 10 minute reviving ahead of you!

no worries in the cold water they swim right away before they even hit the water practically, the ones we catch don't come from deep water, and we don't spend an hour bringing them in. Beleive me that one was pretty damn lively, all the people I fish with do thier best to see this happens, and if you look at the pic..the blood is coming from the mouth :D , I don't know why the greaseballs do that some times but they do :Gonefishing::blink:

Nice laker JW.....seems when the bite is off , it's all everywhere ! Who knows for sure what causes fish to clam up . My first guess is the barometric pressure , then water temps . when the water temp. drops to 39*F the water flips over and puts the cooler water on top while the warm water sinks to bottom, which the fish must adjust to .....The cooler weather on the way should get them biting shortly . Thanks for the pic.

I wish the water was 39 Bill, then the darn fishin would be just off the wall, it has dropped since last Thursday on the river, it's on any day now, like I said only one way to find out, and that's get out there and dunk a rod!!!!

that is a truly good size laker WTG cant wait until dec gonna catch me a couple of them im still wondering if they'll take canned anchoives on a bottom rig will work in dec i know they are scavangers so i think it would work still cant wait till dec now

that is a truly good size laker WTG cant wait until dec gonna catch me a couple of them im still wondering if they'll take canned anchoives on a bottom rig will work in dec i know they are scavangers so i think it would work still cant wait till dec now

best way to get them in the winter is a white twister :blink:

Archived