Picked up a Few Things Yesterday

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Went to Grimsby Tackel. Monday night they had a break in. Lost some cash and gear.

I spent a way.... to much,but it's stuff I need :angry:

Picked up a LowaranceX102c Finder/coloured and a Moore Sub troll.

A map for my GPS. A few Runners.

Crazyfish said I need a 8.6 Okuma Puller Rod and a Convector 30 Reel,loaded the reel with braded line for the backing and 30lb Braded Steel. The 8.6 they didn't have so I got the 10'er

Buying_0222.jpg

Please don't ask if the wife is mad :-X

The Buying Must Continue......

Adrain at Grimsby said attandance was down by 50% at this years Fishing Show.

Way to go Brian......Ain't retirement sweet ? I got over 12 years in & haven't bought that much tackle yet !!! :angry: I must have been in the wrong business....do airplanes cost more than cars ?? Please let me know when your having a garage sale ! :angry:

Brian, she shouldnt be mad.  She is getting the kitchen redone no?

cant you reoutfit the boat?

10436[/snapback]

Reoutfit lol

I'm hoping to get enough gear in the Arrow that she won't float,so I will have to get a bigger Legend :angry:

2 weeks Brad,and shes good to go out on the lake. Unless you bought an icebreaker bow,optional on the Legends,shes good now.

They got broke into? i hope none of the steelhead gear was taken!!! that sucks. I hope there isn't too much damage or loss... I like the guys there, they're friendly and helpful which is alot more then I can say for some shops in the Hamilton/Stoney Creek area.

Sadly thow, the last few times i've gone in there they've been sold out of my 11 gram Drennon Floats, and it would be really nice if they sold the 100 packs of Raven hooks instead of the 25 packs... HINT HINT to anyone that works or knows someone that works there. OH and i prefer the "shrimp hooks" to the "sedges" LOL javascript:emoticon(':dunno:')

They lost near $500,in toonies and cash,and 2 top of the line fishfinders.

I hear you about Hamilton area,when I was looking for the New Finder,I went in there checking prices,of course everything, is at least %20 higher. They tried to sell me a F. finder that was being replaced in a few months. I asked if they were replacing it with a new style,nope was there answer,then Walt at Nicholl's told me that they were replacing them with the X102C in Dec.2004 :dunno:

Have you tried asking them to order what you want?

they'd probably want to get to know me before doing that.... but they are just down the street from me. I guess i could ask...

Thats sad to hear... even if it was 10 bucks and a pack of hooks it sucks. I hate seeing the little guys get ripped off. It makes me sick. I hope they catch them.

they'd probably want to get to know me before doing that.... but they are just down the street from me. I guess i could ask...

10517[/snapback]

Next time you have the boat out,pull in front of the there door, as you exit you SUV/truck get the alarm honking,walk into the store proclaim that you live just down the street and you would like them to order this or that for you. :worthy:

Archived