Wednesday fish

Snoopy23

Planning on going out in the morning for some hard water fishing with FishingFeldie and still undecided on where to go...Anyone else heading out in the morning and where you planning on going? If you're not heading out don't be afraid to post suggestions.

I went out to Martindale today to check out the ice, saw Smerch and ol Harry out. There's 2-3 inches of ice where they were fishing but nobody is venturing far from shore. Anyone know the ice conditions at any of the other spots in the area?

well 3" is better then 2" looks like by sat we'll have 4-5" if going out sat to martindale i'll meet ya there im just starting to ice fish this year so dont expect much but alot of talking and fishing so PM me if you do plan on going out sat and what time you going and ill meet you im going to catch crappies or perch then hopefully if i catch enough have a little fish fry back home

The ice was really cracking a lot today ! Ole Doc Bob was crappin his drawers every time a crack was heard ripping passed us. I believe the 12 mile was putting a little extra water in there & lifting the ice a little and causing it to crrrraaaaakkkkk !!!! :blush::) .We got about 8 perch ...no biggies & 2 smelts (pike food) :P ....but the other 2 fellows who's picture was posted by Knightfisher ,yesterday caught a few nice ones from 10" to 13" . One is Josh ...thanks for the fish guys ! I told them about NFN & hope to see them posting soon .

Ice is a little spongy ...3 to 4 " . Be wary of thin spots !!

MinnowMike....I didn't realize that was you ......you didn't stay very long......noticed you didn't get too close to us near the holes :lol: ...crrrrrrraaakkkkk !!! :blush:

Yeah, I couldn't stay long. I had just got off work and only had a bit of time before the wife needed the van to get to work. Just had to pick up some minnows from Pete's for the morning and figured I'd stop and chack the ice.

Now everything is packed and ready for the morning. Now just gotta figure out where I'll end up

My advice......Drive to L. Simcoe...........

I was in the same situation this morning....I wanted to do Martindale but 2" isn't my cup of tea, especially when running for tip-ups. So after flipping a coin and almost making the trip out to Scugog, I decided to hold off on the ice fishing for a couple days. Maybe Martindale will be ok by the weekend, but we could get some rain tonight and tomorow which won't help.

Hey Mikey I'm all packed and ready to go. Freddie is going to meet us at around 11:30 Bring an extra ice rod combo if you have one, I have 2 extras but one has that screwed up Spider Reel that I have.

Did you pick up those lures for me at Petes?

See you at 6.

Guest Rockfish
The ice was really cracking a lot today ! Ole Doc Bob was crappin his drawers every time a crack was heard ripping passed us. I believe the 12 mile was putting a little extra water in there & lifting the ice a little and causing it to crrrraaaaakkkkk !!!! :unsure::D .We got about 8 perch ...no biggies & 2 smelts (pike food) <_< ....but the other 2 fellows who's picture was posted by Knightfisher ,yesterday caught a few nice ones from 10" to 13" . One is Josh ...thanks for the fish guys ! I told them about NFN & hope to see them posting soon .

Ice is a little spongy ...3 to 4 " . Be wary of thin spots !!

MinnowMike....I didn't realize that was you ......you didn't stay very long......noticed you didn't get too close to us near the holes :Gonefishing: ...crrrrrrraaakkkkk !!! :lol:

You older folk are craaaaaaaazier than I thought on 3" of ice that's craaaaaacking. :unsure::blink: Smerch don't get too over confident with that float jacket and didn't u learn your lesson when u went through at Gibson a few yrs back. :P

You older folk are craaaaaaaazier than I thought on 3" of ice that's craaaaaacking. :P<_< Smerch don't get too over confident with that float jacket and didn't u learn your lesson when u went through at Gibson a few yrs back. :Gonefishing:

woah that would get scared as heck

You older folk are craaaaaaaazier than I thought on 3" of ice that's craaaaaacking. :P<_< Smerch don't get too over confident with that float jacket and didn't u learn your lesson when u went through at Gibson a few yrs back. :Gonefishing:

I'm older than Doc.Bob , therefore wiser ! :unsure: So , I send him out ahead of me (200 lbs +) verses 155 lbs-) icon4.gif........

i dunno smerch, last year i went out with a buddy and i walked over a patch of ice and then my buddy did and he fell through up to his waist, and i was 245, and he was about 130.

i dunno smerch, last year i went out with a buddy and i walked over a patch of ice and then my buddy did and he fell through up to his waist, and i was 245, and he was about 130.

You bugger Sheff......cracked the ice on your friend & told him it was safe ????? :Gonefishing: booooo...

:P

Archived