martindale

hooked

Hit the front pond today at 715AM 5" of good ice some smelt to start then nothing, at bout 1PM had a nice pike on for a while got him to the hole and there he was gone had fun water vis. is about 2'Seen Harry and his wife and about 8 others then nobody for awhile then bout 2ish people started showing up for the afternoon fish

out just past the tower on the left side

Watch the ice near the tower ...there's running water there which feeds a little stream ....tread softly ..... :Gonefishing:

I hope to see some of you guys after lunch about 1 pm . I have both trout & ice fishing gear in the van . Dress warm , it's going to be -8C for the high with winds coming from the north at about 20K .

Well hooked ....you 'hooked' a pike but didn't "catch " it .......need to change your name to " catch " :Gonefishing: . I'll look for you tomorrow afternoon ......or you can take a lunch break & down a few dogs :D at the club at noonish :D

Hey bill if your fishin the derby you could bring your ice stuff with you and meet up with me after the derby for some ice fishing :Gonefishing:

Ill wander around the club for a bit to meet up with you guys too :Gonefishing:

Btw hooked, if you dont mind me asking what did you catch them on

Minnows are the best bet there . Some fish are caught on twisters & rap jigs etc. & even small salties on a tear drop or small lead head works also . Peters Tackle should have minnows but let them cool down slowly since a quick change of temperature kills them fast .

Archived