Shed Hunting

Dan Andrews

I have a good friend on facebook who asked me when to start shed hunting. She had a bet with a friend that it was too early. I said, based on what another friend told me, that late December hunters have to be careful if they drag a buck by the racks because they can come off spoiling a mount if that's what they intended.

I think now is prime time so I'm going for a walk this afternoon. Breeding is well over and the snow has been sitting for about a week so it's hard so racks won't burry themselves when they fall off.

What's your opinion?

This guy has grown a nice rack ! It's from the Hartley Bay area at the lower French River where we rented a cottage . I have spotted moose there as well .

Nice rack Dan ! :P

Danrack.jpg

This guy has grown a nice rack ! It's from the Hartley Bay area at the lower French River where we rented a cottage . I have spotted moose there as well .

Nice rack Dan ! :)

Danrack.jpg

that's pretty clever of you to dress Chilli up like that before you went hunting Smerch :P you guys must have had a ball watching him try to run around in the woods with thaty tied to his head while you guys chased him with the guns ;):P

Archived