Feb 8

jwl

I was really itchin to get out there for the last while, been having a great time cracking the code on the Upper with Chilli over the last while, but needed a good Lower fix in there. Couldn't get a tow to head out yesterday but had an invite from a few days ago to get out with Ham&Eggs today on his boat so as luck would have it, I was able to take him up on the offer.

Got there to find it pretty busy already, boat in and headed off to the fishin grounds, a couple spots where getting worked over pretty good already so we decided to see if we could get in on some action in a couple areas.

Wind was working against you in a couple spots, but we worked it out and after a couple hours trying finally got into a couple fish.

I broke the skunk with this one.

354181016.jpg

Then it was Ham&Eggs brother's turn to get one(no pic of his on my camera)

The same drift I pulled this pig out of, easy over 10lbs of super fresh chrome

354181029.jpg

2 drifts later it was ham&Eggs turn to get into one...the pic does it no justice because I was standing up at the bow takeing the shot looking down, but his healthy scrapper came in the boat at a good 10lbs as well after a big scrap and a couple laps around the boat, it was the spunkiest one of the whole day.

354181027.jpg

All in all we went 4 for 6 today..I had one on and Ham&Eggs did too just long enough to know we lost them B):lol:

Thanks a million for getting me out in the boat with you guys today, I had a great time, we all boated a fish, doesn't get much better than that. Hope to do it again really soon!!!!

Derek your pic does it a bit more justice, congrats to all of you :lol:

that pic is way better than the one off my camera..looks like some solid steel to me

great to see those fresh fish in the mix!!!!

not bad for a "slow day" :lol:B)

Guest Pro Nitro

Nice BIG FRESH Niagara Steel Jack :dunno: What a beauty...she must have hit like a wild freight train! Always enjoy your reports. Keep up the good work! Spent fair bit of time at the dock last week but no trophies to report, although did manage a few...either way always great to get out to the Niagara. The lower is like a magnet, somehow I need to break the attraction and get out to the upper and try my luck...Tight Lines!

Guest Pro Nitro
Well, Jack summed our day on the water .Definitely have to get out again Jack.Here,s my brothers pic & another one of mine.I swear it looked bigger in the boat,lol

P1010002_259.jpg

P1010004_261.jpg

BIG FISH! BRIGHT Chrome! :dunno: Doesn't get much better than this. Nice Fish h&e.

Nice pic's JWL>>>

Thanks for posting..

You Niagara river fishing warrior you. ;)

T>Scavo

I fish with some great people who have tonnes of knowledge as well on the river, we knock out heads together and share 100 yearscombined expereince at time.

I am fishing with a couple of the masters in my boat tommorrow :D:Gonefishing:

I fish with some great people who have tonnes of knowledge as well on the river, we knock out heads together and share 100 yearscombined expereince at time.

I am fishing with a couple of the masters in my boat tommorrow :D:Gonefishing:

[/quote

Wow....100 years of combo experience.......ok ,,,,,,so you were 3 yrs.old when you started !!! :P

All this rain & meltdown is already affecting the water viz.at Port Dal. & some of the tribs., but ,since Erie if froze over I would think the Niagara will still be good .

So , I expect to see some steel pics. when you get back JW !Good luck ! ;)

Archived