Feb 17

jwl

Got out on the river in my boat with Bones today for a couple hours of afternoon fun...on the water by about 12:30.....Bones had the first fish in the boat at 12:39 :Gonefishing: (he has pic on his camera)

Was this a sign of things to come or one of those omens for the day B)

Fished for about over an hour before I switched up baits and started to get into somethin..I broke the ice with this one.

355196962.jpg

Got it back in the water, continued on in the drift and what ya know.....

355196960.jpg

That little guy was a premature e spunkulator all over me and the boat ;):lol:

Aha, now we developed a patterms....figured out an area we would never suspect would have some numbers.....I got another one, so that's 3 fish for me in 2 drifts....we continued at this for a couple more drifts..Bones lost one, I lost one, then back at it and ended the day with the last couple drifts fish for drift.

not only we developed a good pattern for the day..practically caught the fish at a pattern too...girl...boy...girl...boy almost!!!!

Things are looking up big time

355196967.jpg

355196965.jpg

355196964.jpg

355197005.jpg

Was a great day on the water....couple key factors.....just because you see a bunch of people fishing an area..that doesn't mean that's where the fish are :P , key in on the current, the wind, the water clarity and make sure you get the most natural presentation you can :lol: ...most of all, if you are waiting for guys like us to post pics and reports about some of the great fishing the river has to offer chances are you are missing out on alot of great fishing :D

Thanks a million for sharing in the day today John, it was a blast...for maybe just over 3 hours total on the water we went 7 for 9...that's not too bad in my books, makes me want to go again tommorrow..lets do that again really soon when we have a bit more time!!!!!

Great report Jack. nice haul there. Still lots of room on the river?

If I ever get this motor in I'll be trying the Lower for some of that fun.

When you started this report I thought it was going to be all little ones but they just kept getting bigger :Gonefishing:

Great report Jack. nice haul there. Still lots of room on the river?

If I ever get this motor in I'll be trying the Lower for some of that fun.

When you started this report I thought it was going to be all little ones but they just kept getting bigger :lol:

if we work around my wife's schedule and school and stuff for you, we can get out in my boat on the river,I will get you out,it's too clear near home right now.

Fishin is going to get really good in a couple spots soon B):Gonefishing:

JW......nice ....nice .....& more nice ! Beauty steelies Jack and great to see all the different sizes which means trout for the future fishers . The water clairity looks good & I see how the green backs on the fish match the water color . I hooked a small bow on the ice and could see the nice color on the fish right through the clear ice ....kind of neat watching it running out line under the ice .........

iced%20trout.JPG

JW......nice ....nice .....& more nice ! Beauty steelies Jack and great to see all the different sizes which means trout for the future fishers . The water clairity looks good & I see how the green backs on the fish match the water color . I hooked a small bow on the ice and could see the nice color on the fish right through the clear ice ....kind of neat watching it running out line under the ice .........

iced%20trout.JPG

is that port d in the backround bill if there biting in the marnia i might check it out there to on the weekend

:Gonefishing: i guess so but im not going to ask were it is so you just wasted a PM on me :worthy: still might try port marina anyway theres still trout in there on the weekend you heading out this weekend joe

sorry if i just hi jacked this thread i went totally off topic like usally oh did i say great trouties there looks like fun

Sweet fish guys

Note to self buy a boat and fish for steelheads in the niagara

you cought more trout in one afternoon they i have in my whole 3 yeard of trout fishing!!!!!

You don't necessarilly need a boat to get good numbers on the lower niagara. Shore can produce very well when you learn where to be and when

Guess I need to know when where and how then i guess eh. lol tried a few spots along queenston shore but came up with nothing. Tried drifting roe, streamer flies , roe and streamers. Must not be doing it right still. I got alot of good tips and help on drifting fromi this site but still must not be doing it right if i cant get fish the same day everyone else has been. anyway thanks man.

Archived