What kinda dog?

Dan Andrews

Was wabbit hunting when I stumbled across a deer pelt on the twacks. Looked over to see the carcass off to the side. Thought "WOW the train skins em" but upon closer inspection it appeared to be a dog.

deaddog.jpg

ddpaw.jpg

deaddogbait.jpg

The third picture shows what probably drew the dog in. It doesn't look like a coyote, more like a greyhound. Wonder what went down here :)

I've seen coyote and they're not that big. I first thought it was a small deer. Wolf maybe? I'll have to report it as a cougar so the MNR can possitively identify it for us :lol: . They hate leaving people think they still exist around here.

Strange sighting indeed. The cannine does look skinned. Perhaps it is a discarded coyote carcus from an irresponsible sportsman . It is hard to judge the size by the photo though. The possibiltiy of a "wolf" in this region would be very unlikely I would think..

Lakerunner

Strange sighting indeed. The cannine does look skinned. Perhaps it is a discarded coyote carcus from an irresponsible sportsman . It is hard to judge the size by the photo though. The possibiltiy of a "wolf" in this region would be very unlikely I would think..

Lakerunner

Perhaps your right. Both of you. There were discarded parts of a deer also so maybe the fur is hanging and the rest is beside the tracks. What do you do with a coyote carcass anyway? I wonder if the coyote's would eat it? More than likely will be left until the April Turkey Vulture migrate back. O that note I saw blue heron flying down the Upper Niagara 2 weeks ago.

My guess would be a coyote Dan . Some guys would like to have the pelt for their rec.room etc.....It may have been shot with a shotgun or a rifle . A metal detector may help with that . A good look at the teeth would tell a seasoned hunter what it is , or a close up photo of the teeth & sent to the mnr might id that animal . I have a small skull that I bleached out from an animal I found at the Moose R. about 40 K from Moosenee .......I believe it is an otter .....

skull.jpg

Archived