Windmill power

smerchly

Most people have been led to believe, via media spin & the Al Gore/Suzuki prophets that we must reduce our " carbon foot print " (mind control words) ......and I believe they have another "agenda" other than cleaning up the planet ,and that is to extract as much " green" $$ as possible from us . Look at the price of oil now & look at what we pay for gas ......a huge scam . And when (not if) they combine the Ont. pst & gst we will pay more for heat & lights & water .They "conveniently" <_< .forget to say how much fuel is burned to ship nearly all our goods from the other side of the planet ....tons of oil burned daily in ships & trucks ! I was looking at new toilets today ....looking for brand names like American Standard ect....& a whole shipment of them just arrived from China .......so don't ever believe there is a shortage of oil ........So now we have been told to build windmills ...."free power" sent to us from Ms.Nature :rolleyes: They build windmills locally in Niag.on the Lake & ,yes it creates jobs .......which is the theme the governments will use since our jobs are disappearing ......uh,.....being "relocated" :mellow: , & out of desparation for a job, we will buy their spin doctors propaganda . The windmill idea seems quite platible since we need not burn fuel to keep the blades turning , but after reading the "other side of the story" I now wonder if we are being led further down the lemmings trail ??? When you have a majority goverment , you have a dictatorship & they will take away your rights "for the good of the country".......This is an interesting look at the windmill energy story.

http://www.torontosun.com/comment/columnis...481461-sun.html

No doubt like anyone Suzuki and Al Gore are looking for money.

But that doesn't lessen their points in any way. We should for the good of our environment be doing our best to reduce our "carbon foot pring", buzz words that I don't really like but none the less have the notion. We must reduce our consumption of hydrocarbon fuels. Along with CO2 emmissions these fuels also produce NOx and SOx emissions and we have seen what damage these gases can do (acid rain).

I don't know why anyone would argue against solar farms. Wind turbines may cause some problems but globslly how have they affected bird/bat populations or those who live near them?

The point of the article (as best as I could figure) is a bunch of basically non-coherent bashing the provincial government who wants to replace our use of coal (15% of Ontario's Electrical generation) with renewable sources. It then trys to mislead readers to think that wind turbines don't reduce greenhouse gases??? Be cause Germany ( and all of Europe) rather than reducing net carbon emissons have chosen to selll carbon credits to dirtier coal plants.

I would like to know where that writer thinks we should get all of our energy from. He seems like a doomsayer and rabblerouser and not much else. He states that we should close the coal operations calling them "-- the one thing he could have done to lower Ontario's greenhouse gas and pollution emissions -- " yet is opposed to wind energy. Maybe we should just go 100% nuclear.

He hasn't mentioned anything regarding nuclear development, or other "Green" technologies such as run of river small hydro, Biomass or co-generation, and basically doesn't talk about solar (however I deem solar to be very uneconomical as it is only useful less than 1/2 the time until such a time as we can stop the rotation of the earth).

This writer also hasn't mentioned the implementation of time-of-use metering which will bill you for hydro with reduced rates at time of less demand (off peak hours) this is great as it will encourage off peak running of appliances using the biggest leverage you have on people...their pocket book. It does have a down side too in that it is forseeable that it could be used to jack up the peak demand times for a money grab...but they don't need time-ofuse metering for this just to raise the rates. :rolleyes:

Again, I dislike the Sun as a media/news source. It is only a small notch above the "Weekly World News." But it is believed by many to be an actual source of news. The articles are very poorly researched with the writer entering opinion as fact and I have never seen 1 unbiased article from the Sun.

In general I blame the media for most of the problems we are currently seeing, why did gas / oil go up? Media, speculators sensationalist headlines and stories. Why is the economy tanking? Media, speculators sensationalist headlines and stories. Why are ARA's crusades so popular? Media & sensationalist headlines and stories.

My $.02

Yes Fishy Wishy I agree with you the Sun is a rag. we need new clean energy and it will take time to get it right .if the goverment is gonna take my money any way I would rather have it spent on a future energy solution.p.s Al and David dont need our money they have lots. lol

Windmills may or not be good for us I have been told they don't produce as much energy as one would think but in line (100's) do work. They make a far bit of noise so the pollution (noise) is one of the down sides

As far as the Toronto Sun is concerned from my point of VIEW the second to last page is worth a look.

Ha Ha Tony , the sunshine girl is there to keep the old foggies eyes open ! :dunno:

I can emphasize with the people concerned about the noise and I'm sure if I had a nice house or condo on the lake front with a beautiful view ,and then a bunch of noisy windmills were put out in front of my place , which could devalue my investment by a good sum , I would at least expect to be compensated for the amount it was worth before the mills went up ......that's only fair . I compare the costs of building the windmills & the energy associated to manufacturing them to those who say they buy the most efficient car ,even if it has to be transported from the other side of the planet which means tons of oil is burned by ships & trucks to get them here (amongst other goods) Good replies guys , we need to tally up all the pros & cons when we talk about environmental issues & be wary of the cons who stand to make big money from the hype & media propaganda we read in some of the rags.......

I watched a documentry on the discovery channel, the large ocean going ships have been using parasails to pull their ships on the ocean now for a couple of years it saves them tons (literily) of fuel.

Bill that is eye candy :dunno:

Archived