Goose season

Dan Andrews

Well I went for my last walkabout for bunnies tonight. I was thinking to myself, this is the beginning of coyote season because until wild turkey opens up in May, there is nothing else to eat unless you want skunk :unsure: . Right at that moment, just before wandering into the political abyss surrounding the Region's coyote issues, I heard a familiar swooshing noise. 4 Canada geese lifted off a nearby pond between me and my car. They flew 30 feet directly over the barrel of my now encased gun.

I remember somebody recently telling me there was a bunch od additional seasons for goose spread throughout the year. Why not just have an open season this year and reasses in December when everyone is hunting deer anyway? :dunno: . Well I figured I would zip down real quick to the post office and get the liturature on the additional season but came home too late.

Does anyone know where I can find the regs online for goose? It's Federal so unless I can find a post office open tomorrow, I won't be able to buy a license. Sure would be nice to know how many opportunities I have before spending the money. I know I'll get geese. They fly right over me where ever I go. I can do a bad ass goose call with a turkey diaphram also :D

Archived