martindale

hooked

Went to the front side of martindale today caught 4 10" perch was a beautiful day very light wind sunny had the pond to myself had to move a lot to find the 4 but was worth it Heading back tomorrow if anybody else is going I will have lots of minnows

Nice going Tony , looks like I missed a good day to fish . I had to get an E-test on the old van & pick up plate stickers for both vehicles . (PITA) .....pain in the a$$ !!

See you in the morning :Gonefishing:

That means some ones B/D is coming would that be you smerch 49 again!!!!!!!!

Noooooop , not moi .......after you turn 49....the birthdays are history ...... :)

and.....the bite was a little slow today , but a few nice perch were iced . I hooked a 12.5" beauty with a respectable girth & after being out of the water a while , decide to see if she would like a cold bath , & off she went to populate the pond this spring .

here she is .....almost a long as my rod& reel combo.....

port%20perch.jpg

Cuz.Bob joined in & iced another nice one . He noticed this fresh tail sticking out of it's mouth ..........Ok bass guys ,change threads , this isn't pretty .......... :Gonefishing:

The perch are soooo BIG at Port , they eat bucketmouths for snacks !!! Beware of the killer perch .....they have "No Fear" icon4.gif

this bass was just eaten , still flexible with a look of terror transfixed in it's eyes...... :o And Tony .....good on ya for helping that guy get out of that hole & retrieving his boot !!!!!! :) ............ B)

bass-perch.jpg

Good report hooked.......use to love fishing Martindale pond.......

Nice looking perch there Bill.....nice to see you still got the touch.....using largies as bait.....what ever works :Gonefishing:

Good fishing. Scottydog

oh yeah happy birthday Papa Smerch......

Perch ,bass & pike are also dining on gobies . Last year the perch were full of tiny gills . I guess any small fish is prey to even a perch . I caught a 10" perch on a 6" smelt a few yrs.ago while piking through the ice . Scott you bugger.....you know what you're doing :Gonefishing: ..... come see Papa some time ....lets get some big cats ! :worthy:

is it legal to use smelt as bait?

Although I don't agree , the smelt must be dead to use for bait and only in waters permitted by the regs . I don't see the logic if a smelt is caught at Martindale & you put it back down the hole for bait . when you kill it & puncture the belly a few times , it will release some blood (scent) to attract the pike . I have kept smelts in the freezer in a zip bag filled with water for pike bait ....works for float fishing !

Archived