a tease for the upcoming steelie derby

jwl

I got invited to hop aboard with Wiser yesterday for a crack at some steel . Was pretty cold for the most part out there, even early in the morning the water was making ice as we went along. The sun came out and it was a pretty decent day and a little taste of spring. Or maybe we where just happy it wasn't minus 10 out :Gonefishing:

It wasn't the greatest day for clrity as you can see in the pics,the water was a tan colour at best with viz under a foot but we gave it a go anyhow

It took a little while to find what the fish wanted to eat and where to find them, but when we did we had some great action after that.

We winded up going 8 for 12 in the boat yesterday with 2 monsters well into the teens lost by our buddy Adam :dunno:

Here are a couple I got for the day

358138661.jpg

358138662.jpg

358138659.jpg

358138658.jpg

It's going to make for an interesting derby for sure, I fish with lots of the people who are joining in and it's a pretty diverse group of anglers that know how to catch them.

Just have to be the one that catches the big one :lol:

HEY was that last pic photoshopped???????????????

theres no smoke dangling out of the mouth :Gonefishing::dunno::o

nice fish Jack...

Cliff..

Shhhh that's my secret man :lol: , if the fishin is slow just do something else for a second...have a pee, light a smoke then you will get one :lol: Just like waiting for the bus, light a smoke and it will come :P

Nice job Jack. I have a feeling the rest of the ice bridge will let go this weekend which should free up the river for the rest of the season :dunno:

ya until about a month from now when they let the ice boom go up here, then the river is spent for a few days :Gonefishing:

ya until about a month from now when they let the ice boom go up here, then the river is spent for a few days <_<

Real nice steelies Jack ......where else can you keep getting big steel like those !

I was surprized to see how much ice is gone on Erie ....todays satelite shot is very clear & it shows you where the mud is comming from on the US side.......

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/region_map.html

Nice fish guys. Hoping one day to finally own a boat and get out there and join you guys. We are really hoping to buy one this summer. Can't wait, only ever fished out of a boat no more than a dozen times and loved it every time. If I am lucky I'll find someone who's selling one who needs kitchen cabinets so we can trade. I've always fished from shore and done well. But alot more places are accessable by boat and I love trolling and drifting too. Anyways, keep catchin em guys, I love the pics.

Archived