Shed and Rub Hunt Extravaganza

It was a gorgeous afternoon to get outdoors so I put off taking down the Christmas lights again and convinced my brother in-law to join me on a shed hunt. After 3 hours of walking through thick bush we find several trees that had good buck rubs, two buck sculls one with a seven point rack attached to the backbone and the other with an eight point rack. We also find two doe skulls one with backbones. It was great to get outdoors after a long winter and have a successful shed hunt…… Enjoy the pictures.

T>Scavo

2009ShedRubHunt018.jpg

2009ShedRubHunt019.jpg

2009ShedRubHunt023.jpg

2009ShedRubHunt026.jpg

2009ShedRubHunt036.jpg

2009ShedRubHunt030.jpg

2009ShedRubHunt006.jpg

2009ShedRubHunt008.jpg

Guest niagarariverpro

good pics Tony.. your dad traded me a steelie for a bottle of wine.. man can he ever make a MEAN bottle of wine!!!

courious as to the purpose to finding rubs... is it almost deer season? don't mind me i am no hunter.. but i do miss the sport.. i used to hunt too much for ducks n geese and bunnies..

Great finds Tony ! It's good to get out in the bush & a seasoned guy will find all kinds of animal sign . I use to enjoy doing the same with moose , finding their feeding areas & rubs & some fairly large branches that broke off 6' high . We found the odd rack ,some that were chewed up by mice .If you take your time , you may find all kinds of meatless critters out there . Thanks for the interesting pictures !

You can make all kinds of things with antlers.......from knives, tables to chairs.....

http://antlerfurniture.net/antlerarmchairhunter.jpg

good pics Tony.. your dad traded me a steelie for a bottle of wine.. man can he ever make a MEAN bottle of wine!!!

courious as to the purpose to finding rubs... is it almost deer season? don't mind me i am no hunter.. but i do miss the sport.. i used to hunt too much for ducks n geese and bunnies..

Cliff The purpose of finding rubs tells me that bucks are in the area...... Deer season starts in October. My dad really enjoyed eating that steelie.

T>Scavo

Archived