Catfishing With Anglers Way Guide Service

steve-hamilton

I was fortunate enough to be invited to fish with Anglers Way Guide Service with Captain Steve Piggott. What an excellent angler!

I learned so very much about catfish habitats, activity and attitudes. We fished for around 6 hours and landed just shy of 20 Cats over 10lbs.

Three were above 15lbs. I was fortunate to land my personal best. We had double headers, and almost a triple.

Yes the water is cold. But if you apply fresh bait to the right area's, you'll get the cold water cats moving.

Thanks Steve!

img3365.jpg

img3367.jpg

img3368a.jpg

img3370t.jpg

img3383.jpg

img3383a.jpg

img3384.jpg

img3386a.jpg

img3388.jpg

It was definitely the best day of Catfishing of my life!

So I didn't want it to end.

Launched at the harbour and was fishing Hamilton Bay by 4:30pm.

I had taken 3/4 of a sucker we had left. Started in a flat that I knew of, only 2.5' deep. I wasn't sure what to expect.

Didn't take long to find a fish. When i let the circle hook do her thing, i knew the fish was a big one. My biggest in the bay has only been about 8 lbs. My first one of the evening today, 11lbs. Best fish taken from the bay.

I continued to fish as the sun set and took 4 more cats. What a great day. Learned from a great fisherman. Put it to use in the evening.

img3389.jpg

I'm having a blast playing with these strong fighters while the Kings slowly make their way into shore. ;D

Well, congrats Steve , it looks like you had one very exciting day !!! Now you know how these pretty little ladies can scrap huh ? :Gonefishing: They are full of piss & vinegar for sure , not giving in so easily like a pike will after a short burst of energy . It looks like you have mastered the art of catching these fine whiskered fish using the circle hooks & now you can tame Hammi Harbour in your own backyard ! I see you got a double header out there too ......must have been a blast ! Thanks for the photos , always a bonus to see some of the action !

Nice to see you finally got them figured.

I still can't believe anybody catches anything on that flat, I shudder to think what's buried in that muck.....

Actually The bottom there is clean due to the flow of water from the Grindstone.

Nice Channel cats the yellow ones bear a slight resemblance to the flatheads of the states. I read in a book somewhere that there are flathead catfish coming up from the states across lake erie to point peelee national park and they are quote "being observed with curiosity" If anyone has caught one let me know. An 80 pound flathead would be awesome. B)

Archived