Goose Chick

smerchly

While feeding the kings today , I took a walk to Timmies & Rennie Park . There were about 10 geese on the shore and I saw a very young fuzzy chick with a pair of geese . Just a few days ago they were oiling eggs to prevent them from hatching , but this chick is already a good size , about 6" diameter in the body . I'm scratching my head wondering about this......It seems to be very early to have chicks at all yet !

Yes I agree. The last of the goose season closed on your birthday, March 7th. It was only a week after that that I noticed the geese separating from the flock into pairs. Most of the geese I've seen are now sitting on eggs. Where were they oiling eggs?

Yes I agree. The last of the goose season closed on your birthday, March 7th. It was only a week after that that I noticed the geese separating from the flock into pairs. Most of the geese I've seen are now sitting on eggs. Where were they oiling eggs?

I was fishing beside the starter building at Rennie Park Dan & they were going out towards the point with the spray tank . I'll try to get a picture of that young gossling .

got a pic.today .......it seems this little guy has no play mates ....

gossling.jpg

Fat little chicken there Smerchy :) ........

I have this picture for my present desk top (full screen) . Could Cliff make some beauty flies with this birdie ! It is simply gorgeous !!

pretty%20bird.jpg

That's a really nice pic Smerch, what kind of duck is that don't think I've seen one of those before :)

That is a mandarin drake (China) Joe ......a very close relative to our local wood ducks .

Archived