Easter Weekend on the Grand

steve-hamilton

Two Thursday's ago, Anglers Way Guide Service Guide Steve Piggott had me out for Catfishing on the Grand. I had been out a few outings previous without any success. He took me out for a day and showed me the ins and outs of actually "catching" fish. I mean sure, we can go out and get a few fish. But to put 20plus day fish numbers in the boat takes some skill and extra guidance.

This weekend I was able to put to practice what Steve taught me on that outing. I was out two different days, Friday and Sunday evening. Friday the fish was unbelievable. Sunday evening was almost as good for numbers, but the pigs were out in full force.

All my bait i've been using has been Cutbait. Thanks for keeping a well stocked bait fridge. Also great seeing ya taking care of the river Sunday night. Steve, after working all day, headed into the river to retrieve a gill net a certain "someone" left behind.

Here's some pics from my weekend. My dad, myself, and our fishing pal Brian all caught our personal bests. Couldnt crack the 20lbs mark, but i'm getting there.

Thanks again Steve.

*recent graduate of the Steve Piggott Catfishing School* :(

ss850776.jpg

ss850778.jpg

ss850779.jpg

ss850793.jpg

ss850794.jpg

ss850798.jpg

dsc2979.jpg

dsc2992.jpg

dsc2999.jpg

Awesome cats Steve ! I can tell you had a blast out there :( . Those big girls are there all summer & we catch them accidently which fishing for eyes .They will pick up a crankbait that is running the bottom ! Thanks for the great pics.!

Archived