fishing in a pond

snoryder

If you're tossing crappie baits don't worry. I was tossing cutbaits for cats yesterday and got a 28" pike. It wasn't the intended target specie.

Other question. Is this a private pond on private property? Then it is like fishing the pay as you play trout farms. That is , if the landowner says its O.K.

You will get your accidental catches of OOS fish where ever you go. It happens, get them released ASAP and you're ok :worthy:

I was out with Bigugli yesterday and I can assure you that the pike caught was a complete surprise, but it can and does happen. Again the thing to do is realease it ASAP, that pike hardly left the water aside from being the stubborn bugger and not releasing itself :rolleyes: Then it was off to swim for another day :D

If you are fishing a private pond then there are no regulations in effect for privaye property. you can target any species you want.IE quarrys such as Windmill point and Sherkston

If you are fishing a conservation area that stocks trout then it doesn't matter if it is incidental , if they see you pull it in you are automatically guilty and will be charged. I think we went through this last spring with another newbie to the board.

Years back in Niagara the SCVFA stocked trout in thier park pond for opener but they watched it so as noone fished it before opening day.

I'd think twice before going before opening.Might save you a few $$$$

If this is that public pond ... St. Johns ... I would think twice ...

http://www.niagarafishing.net/forums/index...c=12996&hl=

I'm not from the Niagara area, so I don't know where st john is.

Its not a conservation area, not a quarry, its a pond in our town. A local club or maybe the town stocks it annually. Its just a small pond in a town, kinda like high park in Toronto, or Lake aquitane in mississauga, professors lake in brampton.

Archived