Unbelievable what I saw in Waterford

:blush:

I was down at Waterford this morning to check out a spot Packrat had informed me about.. didn't get anything other than a couple of nibbles so I left. On the way back to the van, I happened to spot a 27" CRT TV dumped on the shore of the pond in maybe a few inches of water tube side down!!

Didn't have boots with me otherwise I would have picked the thing up and disposed of it properly.. in this day and age where these things are now handled differently I'm just floored that some idiot would dump this illegally.

The problem these days is there is a lot of stuff the garbage trucks won't take like electronics ( VCR's, microwaves , printers , etc) . I had to call for a special pickup for a toilet & they will not take the old vinyl/plastic tube surround .....Some people get t'd off & dump in the country instead . I have a good load of items like above & will have to take them myself to a waste disposal site where they take oil ,paints & batteries etc. I also mentioned on a post here months ago , that the reg. dump sites overcharge to dump garbage . YOU are saving THEM time & money by not filling their trucks and the cost should be a lot lower .

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Most electronics stores are providing recycling/dispoal services for old electronics and batteries (rechargable and regular)

Please tell others about the services, or if you find some "improperly discarded" electronics, the Future Shop/Best Buys in the area do have recycling boxes in the front foyer of the stores.

We don't own the planet, we are just borrowing for the time being!!!

Josh

Rona will pay $5 for old sealed paint can's. Do what I did and dont bring them all in at the same time because you will only get $5. Bring one in at a time and you will get $5/ can

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT IS.

This was advertised in their flyer. Saturday and sunday (Apr 18th and 19th), bringing in old paint, CFL lightbulbs, Batteries or saw blades.

Also you can get a $5 coupon to save on Rona collection Paint’ when you bring back unused paint.

Offer is valid only on Apr 18th and 19th. The discount on Rona Eco products is valid from Apr 18 to 22. The discount on Rona collection Paint is valid from Apr 18 to May 31. One coupon per person for one or more recycled items. Only one Coupon can be used per transaction.

You have to spend money to get the five bucks.

Being a painting contractor these things are followed.

FOR ENVIRONMENTAL INFORMATION REGARDING PAINT CANS ONLY:

They will pick up spent latex or oil paint cans if they are dry (good to let them know by taking the lid off). At the curb. Each week.

Seems the toxins are then released into the are and all is good for the landfill. (I can vouch for them being released when wet. ??????????? Does that mean that I too can be set at the curb for pick-up when my day comes?)

Archived