snapper

Great picture. They do smell and are just about the dumbest critters around. I have caught one on a hook , put it back in the water and 15 minutes later caught it again. Not even a pumpkinseed is that stupid. But they do taste good.

Ever eaten turtle? There is a season for them. The Asians love them. I have a video on youtube with a snapper and when I look at the demographics I'm amazed at the hits it gets from all over the world. The shell covers a rounded pile of pure meat.

Amazing color production from your camera.

I wish I have one of these size turtle as pets.

The fellow, on the show Man vs. Wild, just threw one of those on the burning fire and then commented they tasted like chicken.

Ever eaten turtle? There is a season for them. The Asians love them. I have a video on youtube with a snapper and when I look at the demographics I'm amazed at the hits it gets from all over the world. The shell covers a rounded pile of pure meat.

I've heard that you can get over 5 different tasteing meats out of one turtle. I'll see if I can find that link again.

I know that in the south US they are much saught after. spelling ? :worthy:

I have eaten them. The meat was cut into chunks breaded and deep fried. It was good.

I don't think I could get drunk enough to sink my teeth into a turtle (unless it's chocolate) . I have seen them in the most putrid stinking water imaginable ! icon8.gif So ....if it really tastes like chicken ......KFC , here I come :worthy:

Not much frightens me,, but having one of them on the end of my line just gives me the willies! :worthy: Ugly as hell their face is pretty scary looking too especially with their peepers looking right at ya from the water.

never had the pleasure but those stumpy legs look like they could taste like chicken wings.Big chicken wings.

never had the pleasure but those stumpy legs look like they could taste like chicken wings.Big chicken wings.

Those stumpy legs are powerful. They feed by biting their prey and drawing their head in then tearing with those front claws.

Guest UglyFish

they have VERY strong legs, and sharp claws... and the mouth, yea... keep ur fingers clear. ive caught 3 of them fishing the grand, and the smallest was 30+ lbs lol, the biggest was pushing 75lbs or so. awesome creatures though.

Archived