skunked 4 times in a row now :(

JayB

i think ive just about called it quits for fishin! been out 4 times and havent got a single damn fish, i mean not even hits every once and a while!

fish jumpin everywhere in the glen today, water visabilty was easily 6'

they just did not like my roe bag, pinks, whites or lime yellow!

went to st johns pond sunday and monday got skunked opening weekend i mean who gets skunked at a stocked trout pond!

the guy right beside my fishin must have caught 20 of them buggers and not even a hit for me, he even gave me some of his bait and i still came up empty :Gonefishing:

same deal with the fly rod, i just keep strikin out! tried streamers, wolly buggers, eggs, yarn. NOTHIN!

worst part was i could see about 6 fish swimming all around my bait with zero interest today

this year stinks for fish, even last salmon season was a wash out :(

Ooooooh my......I wouldn't be telling anybody that....... :Gonefishing: , you didn't have a banana for brekkie did ya ? Your luck will change , it can't get worse ! Sharpen those hooks , relax & don't let the fish win , you will do better . I had 3 skunk days & today I couldn't keep them away long enough to have a whiz..... :(

im oficially a handi capped fisherman lol

even in that niagara river steelheaders toruny i only got 1 fish and it was the only one i caught all year! a measly 2 lb brown! ive gone 1-1 this season!

B) Don't feel too bad, Jay...You're not the only one.......My luck hasn't been much better.......But it's still fun to get out and enjoy the nice weather that we've been having.....The fish will come................

Oh that's nothing, my worst streek is 25 skunks in a row without landing a fish, caught a few but lost them at the shore.

I had not landed a fish since November last year, this is my worst winter ever.

I finally ended my bad streek last sunday on Lake Erie when i went perch fishing and got about a dozen big ones and lots of little ones, but the other 2 guys in the boat caught more than me and still made fun of me.

I've also been to saint john's and the guy next to me was catching tons of little trouts and i wasn't even getting a bite, that is frustrating.

fishing has been slow this year unless you want to go for catfish or carp which i don't fish.

Jordan was my spot for trout fishing but with the new rules i lost my favorite trout spot and is forced to fish the niagara and have caught a few but can never land them.

Don't give up, take a break for a few weeks if you half to and try again.

25 weeks? wow! not even a hit or anything?!?

if it wasnt for a great workout hike for the whirlpool and glen with such a nice day to relax otherwise it would be absolute hell!

This is a funny thread. I feel for you. My luck is not any better. I do have a couple of questions. What is the significance of the banana comment?

Secondly, I've heard about St. John's before. Is this in Fonthill?

After several years of persuasion, I finally got my 20yr old stepson interested in fishing but each time we go out we get skunked. I'm afraid he will become quickly discouraged and give up. St. John's might be a good idea if the chance of success is good. Can any of you provide me info?

Thanks in advance.

HG

This is a funny thread. I feel for you. My luck is not any better. I do have a couple of questions. What is the significance of the banana comment?

Secondly, I've heard about St. John's before. Is this in Fonthill?

After several years of persuasion, I finally got my 20yr old stepson interested in fishing but each time we go out we get skunked. I'm afraid he will become quickly discouraged and give up. St. John's might be a good idea if the chance of success is good. Can any of you provide me info?

Thanks in advance.

HG

st johns is a stocked trout pond located behind merritville speedway in the small vilage of st johns itself.

use corn as bait under a float pin

That was 25 times in a row, not 25 weeks, some weeks i fished more than once, other weeks i just stayed home.

I did get some bites in that time, even hooked a trout and brought it to shore only to loose it, i also got some rockbass and gobies but that don't count.

I've been skunked all year aswell, not counting the 2 perch I caught ice fishing at Binbrook. So I had to go to the Brock Quarry to nab a catfish just to get myself on the board for the year. Nothing since then though...

But I love every minute of it regardless!

That was 25 times in a row, not 25 weeks, some weeks i fished more than once, other weeks i just stayed home.

I did get some bites in that time, even hooked a trout and brought it to shore only to loose it, i also got some rockbass and gobies but that don't count.

If you got it to shore I'd count it. Call it a quick release!

Guest niagarariverpro
I have as of yet to land a trout on the CCRod I got from Cliff in November :lol:

And I lost a few in the Derby as well, but that's all part of fishing. :blush:

oh SURE.. blame it on the rod never the fisherman LOL

bet ya can feel those snags better eh Joe? :lol:

Guest niagarariverpro
Hey Cliff ... but was that 25 minutes in a row or a season ??

we all get skunked from time to time.. i did get skunked 2 times in a row this year.. been a horrible year for me...

If you got it to shore I'd count it. Call it a quick release!

when i get them within 15' of the boat, its a catch, however if they let go within that distance, its called a "long distance release"

oh SURE.. blame it on the rod never the fisherman LOL

bet ya can feel those snags better eh Joe? :lol:

No way Cliff it's definately the fisherman the rod is great. I've caught a few fish on it just not trout :blush:

I've even hooked into a couple of musky while fishing a jig. Had the drag set a little to tight wasn't expecting that. :lol:

Archived