cyprus lake

marth11

hey guys as it turns out im going camping in july for the first weekend of it in tobomory on this lake called cyprus lake i havent fished it before and i know i can, my uncle said theres a river with walleye in it and thres fish in cyprus but hasent caught any, just want to know if anyone has been that way and had luck also i will bring back photos from the grotto dont worry

thanks joey

I camped there a couple years back. I didn't do any fishing though. It's a small lake which only took a short time to hike all the way around. I can't remember exactly how long. No motor boats allowed. Georgian Bay is a short hike from the camp ground. I'm guessing fishing would be much more eventful there.

There is another lake very close to cyprus called cameron i have been there many times the rent boats with motors cheap. If u go there theres a deep hole in the middle of lake awsome spot for 2-3lb walleye

I went to manitoulan Island a couple summers ago and we went on a charter caught nothing went fishing in the lakes on the island and caught a bunch of 1 and a half pound smallies, a rock bass, a perch, a small perch. :rolleyes:

thanks all just one last question are fish safe to eat if im renting a boat i got to get my license and some lures for the walleye dont care about whats in there im bringing it back to eat after a few pics

thanks all just one last question are fish safe to eat if im renting a boat i got to get my license and some lures for the walleye dont care about whats in there im bringing it back to eat after a few pics

Read the 'Guide'. Info should be there.

Read the 'Guide'. Info should be there.

couldnt find it in there

I was there last summer Joey. Kayaked and caught one huge bass but seen plenty of pike but no takers. We paddled through to the next Lake which looks a little better for fishing. The creek between them was awesome but the biting flies were horrible. Bring some bounce sheets because pure deet doesn't help.

I wouldn't eat the fish there. It's just too small to withstand the pressure and the entire bottom is like chalk. There's a weird fungus that coats the rocks. like a white clay muck/fungus mix. The Grotto is just friggin amazing. Bring a thick towel though. That water is ice cold even in Late summer.

DSCF5223.jpg

DSCF5177.jpg

Warning. Tourists fed the wildlife and its not shy. You have to be aggressive or the coons will chase you right out of camp come dinner time and bears have been a problem there. Don't bring those 1 pound propane tanks or camp staff will hate you.

Archived