French River

Nik

Went to French River last weekend to try for some Pics and Pike.

Fishing was fairly slow although we did get some decent fish. I personally caugh 5 pike and 3 pics in two and a half days fishing plus some OOS smallies and perch...

It was a tough bite - I guess due to the unseasonably cold weather - the only plus was that there werent too many bugs out.

Wolsley Bay Lodge is a pretty good outfit - and for the price of $100 a day fishing package (including all bait and gas for the boats) it was worth it.

Not too much more to say - great scenery and great company!

Pics will be added later today...

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

great job i go up there to hartley bay in august and fish for pike, smallies, and eyes great place all right fishing and amazing scereny and wildlife got my PB smallies up here 4-4.5 lbs it was 19" but it had a girth my bro went ice fishing up there this winter around feburary i beilve he got the only fish and they were 3 hammer handles on my pole i lent him well i miss him hes in BC for the Military Training

Even when the conditions are tough just being there is worth every bit of it. Thanks for posting :D

Well said - its nice to get away from the phones, computers, and every day life...

unless your me and rent it off your parents buddy and you still got all your home work like cooking and cleaning and getting fire wood but still true beats work, computers, and light pollution and smell of fresh air

unless your me and rent it off your parents buddy and you still got all your home work like cooking and cleaning and getting fire wood but still true beats work, computers, and light pollution and smell of fresh air

Bassmaster the cooking and cleaning are still pretty easy to do - grilling is fun, and collecting firewood consisted of going to our lodges wood pile...

I'm at work today and just thinking back to the great scenery - instead im in my office looking out of my window at a road hehe...

:D

Bassmaster the cooking and cleaning are still pretty easy to do - grilling is fun, and collecting firewood consisted of going to our lodges wood pile...

I'm at work today and just thinking back to the great scenery - instead im in my office looking out of my window at a road hehe...

:Gonefishing:

well the cooking isnt bad but having to hand collect and cut wood is intresting escpically if there are known bears in the area like the one that broke in my cottege two years ago

well the cooking isnt bad but having to hand collect and cut wood is intresting escpically if there are known bears in the area like the one that broke in my cottege two years ago

The bears are there to maintain a healthy balance in nature. We need some kind of predator to keep the surplus population of cottagers under control :P:Gonefishing:

Archived