Man and natural law

Here's a segment from a local naturalist blog I follow. I felt i could relate to this entry and wish society still understood this kind of thinking.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Take Care mankind

Trail Wood #122 Earl Plato

Teale applied natural laws to mankind

In his June log. We read:

“ We are on earth under certain conditions. We adjust to those conditions to survive. To live is to be in peril. It is up to the individual to be alert, to avoid injury and death, to survive as long as one can. Nature looks on without concern . If you step on a rotten branch or fall out of a tree and break your neck. If you walk out on thin ice break through and drown; if you eat poison mushrooms and die - just as nature displays no interest in the mouse caught by a weasel, the rabbit surprised by the fox, or the bird that falls into the talons of a hawk. It is up to us - to all living things - to man and mouse and rabbit and bird to be on guard.”

That’s the message. Take care, eh.

Posted by Earl N Plato at 3:30 PM

http://naturearticles.blogspot.com/

Good assessment of life, and a message long forgotten by most of Western society. Man is not indestructable. We are just as fragile as any other species. We just continue to corrupt nature to fit our needs and convenience at the expense of all species. Regretably, it is possible our species could collapse faster than Atlantic cod as a result of our desire to rewrite the laws of nature.

Here's a segment from a local naturalist blog I follow. I felt i could relate to this entry and wish society still understood this kind of thinking.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Take Care mankind

Trail Wood #122 Earl Plato

Teale applied natural laws to mankind

In his June log. We read:

“ We are on earth under certain conditions. We adjust to those conditions to survive. To live is to be in peril. It is up to the individual to be alert, to avoid injury and death, to survive as long as one can. Nature looks on without concern . If you step on a rotten branch or fall out of a tree and break your neck. If you walk out on thin ice break through and drown; if you eat poison mushrooms and die - just as nature displays no interest in the mouse caught by a weasel, the rabbit surprised by the fox, or the bird that falls into the talons of a hawk. It is up to us - to all living things - to man and mouse and rabbit and bird to be on guard.”

That’s the message. Take care, eh.

Posted by Earl N Plato at 3:30 PM

http://naturearticles.blogspot.com/

There is much truth in this statement. It is ironic that Edwin Way Teale, quoted here lost a son to the most dangerous of all animals,man, during combat in World War 11. We should be on guard and aware of all living things, especially humans.

Lakerunner

Archived