dragonfly?

mazz

Wow, haven't seen siding like that since I was a kid on Churchill St.

Hey those dragon flies eat allot of mosquitoes. Don't flinch when they fly around you in the evening and you will hear the mosquitoes you attract click as the dragonflies pick them off.

Yep, that is a dragonfly. Damselflies(sp?), which are commonly mistaken for dragonflies, have their wings straight in line with their body at rest.this is the easiest way to tell the difference, both eat skeeters i believe, and other small bugs, mmmmmmmmm :blush:

My present house has pebble-dash under the alum.siding ....built in the mid fifties ....for $10 grand ,brand new :lol: ...with real wood ! :lol:

I camped on an island ,way up north , & we saw dozens of dragonfly larvae on the pine tree trunks & some on our tent . It was awesome watching them transform into a full flying insect and be gone in a few days .We called them darning needles when we were kids & thought they could sew your mouth shut ! ;) And bats would get tangled in your hair ......and black cats .... :blush: Today , dragonflies are welcome to buzz around me anytime I'm fishing , scaring off the skeeters & blackflies !

dragnymphcase.jpg

Guest LockedInTheTrunkOfACar

Dragon fly larvae hurt though. Found a few that bit down on me when i was cleaning up my pond ... those things are painful.

Archived