fishing downtown St.Catharines today

Luvevolution

think I read in the sub standard that there is a sexual predator prowling that area at night. it's very quiet and secluded in that area, so don't go down unless it's with a group of a few or more. just my advice anyway, but what do I know? whoever wants to go at anytime, gimme a shout on here and we'll join you anytime.

FYI, there's a bunch of submerged trees and obstacles in there, so I'de watch what you fish with. I tried a deep diving rapala and lost it after several casts. we also lost about 6 rigs that way too. the only thing I dodn't lose was fishing off a bobber. just thought I would let you know.

think I read in the sub standard that there is a sexual predator prowling that area at night. it's very quiet and secluded in that area, so don't go down unless it's with a group of a few or more. just my advice anyway, but what do I know? whoever wants to go at anytime, gimme a shout on here and we'll join you anytime.

FYI, there's a bunch of submerged trees and obstacles in there, so I'de watch what you fish with. I tried a deep diving rapala and lost it after several casts. we also lost about 6 rigs that way too. the only thing I dodn't lose was fishing off a bobber. just thought I would let you know.

How do we know this guys not a forum member trying to lure people down there?? :D:P

How do we know this guys not a forum member trying to lure people down there?? :D:P

you never know. there's some sick buggers out there. all I know is this much..........I took Jiu Jitsu for nearly 10 years and I'm registered with NRP. I've even taught self defence courses and can more than take care of myself. that being said, I still would not go down there alone. it's too quiet and secluded with little to no pedestrian traffic if you run into trouble of any kind. if you broke a leg or worse, you would be screwed.

just my two cents worth

you never know. there's some sick buggers out there. all I know is this much..........I took Jiu Jitsu for nearly 10 years and I'm registered with NRP. I've even taught self defence courses and can more than take care of myself. that being said, I still would not go down there alone. it's too quiet and secluded with little to no pedestrian traffic if you run into trouble of any kind. if you broke a leg or worse, you would be screwed.

just my two cents worth

Yeah and theres some pretty fast moving water there too I wouldnt go down there alone day or night.

Yeah and theres some pretty fast moving water there too I wouldnt go down there alone day or night.

I agree. you wouldn't stand a chance if you fell into that fast flowing stuff. but at least you'de have someone to be able to tell the authorities that you went in so they could at least find your body downstream. LOL.

I agree. you wouldn't stand a chance if you fell into that fast flowing stuff. but at least you'de have someone to be able to tell the authorities that you went in so they could at least find your body downstream. LOL.

Ive been thinking about it alot, I think if one could kick off thier shoes and any other heavy clothing stay on their back with their head tucked up really tight they could make it down stream abit and maybe bump into shore??? Either way i never want to find out!

Ive been thinking about it alot, I think if one could kick off thier shoes and any other heavy clothing stay on their back with their head tucked up really tight they could make it down stream abit and maybe bump into shore??? Either way i never want to find out!

I don't even think you'de make it that far. the undertow and eddies would make sure you got lodged under a rock or a tree. the only way they'de find you is if they stopped the flow of water completely and sent divers down to find your bludgened carcass. and I agree, I'de never personally want to find out. the calm side is much nicer. sure it's muddy and probably full of leaches, but if you fell in, you could at least get out with just a red face and a slightly bruised ego. LMAO.

I don't even think you'de make it that far. the undertow and eddies would make sure you got lodged under a rock or a tree. the only way they'de find you is if they stopped the flow of water completely and sent divers down to find your bludgened carcass. and I agree, I'de never personally want to find out. the calm side is much nicer. sure it's muddy and probably full of leaches, but if you fell in, you could at least get out with just a red face and a slightly bruised ego. LMAO.

Yeah I didnt think so.

You know that green truss bridge down there??

PICT6231.JPG

I once had a ''sort of friend'' that one day in the dead of winter when we were walking across this bridge decided to show off his climbing skills (agaisnt my advice but i couldn't stop him) and climbed the trusses and walked along the top beam. He made it across and climbed back down but I have to tell you my a$$hole made it up to my throat! But thats not all. On the way back from where we had to go I insisted we walked accross the st.paul street bridge (didn't want him to tempt fate twice) and he decided to jump up and balence himself of the pipe hand rail (He gave me no for warning this time so I never had a chance to stop him) He sliped, luckly he landed on the side walk side and didnt go over the edge. my a$$hole once again made it up to my throat!

this happened Right before the fencing over the 406

PICT6170.JPG

I stoped hanging out with that kid after that....

just thought id share the story since we are sort of on the topic...

Yeah I didnt think so.

You know that green truss bridge down there??

PICT6231.JPG

I once had a ''sort of friend'' that one day in the dead of winter when we were walking across this bridge decided to show off his climbing skills (agaisnt my advice but i couldn't stop him) and climbed the trusses and walked along the top beam. He made it across and climbed back down but I have to tell you my a$$hole made it up to my throat! But thats not all. On the way back from where we had to go I insisted we walked accross the st.paul street bridge (didn't want him to tempt fate twice) and he decided to jump up and balence himself of the pipe hand rail (He gave me no for warning this time so I never had a chance to stop him) He sliped, luckly he landed on the side walk side and didnt go over the edge. my a$$hole once again made it up to my throat!

this happened Right before the fencing over the 406

PICT6170.JPG

I stoped hanging out with that kid after that....

just thought id share the story since we are sort of on the topic...

wow, he got lucky. I dated a girl many moons ago............she had a friend that was gonna commit suicide off the Burgoyne bridge. so he went onto the bridge and climbed up to jump. then I guess fear of height or whatever made him decide aginst it, but while trying to climb back over, he slipped and fell to his death. which is why you should never tempt fate........I think that should be a life lesson/moral for all people. I believe the kid's name was Rick Rankin.

by the way, I don't mind anyone going off topic for any reason. this is a forum and this thread was started, based on that area of town. I never knew about those concrete poles and now find myself intrigued by that knowledge. and that about the bridge, brought up some old memories, so it's all good.

in addition, you got lucky I think. he may have eventually tried to convince you to do some crazy !#$^ and you may not have been so lucky. never mess with karma.............you'll get bit eventually. LOL

in addition, you got lucky I think. he may have eventually tried to convince you to do some crazy !#$^ and you may not have been so lucky. never mess with karma.............you'll get bit eventually. LOL

The kid couldnt convince my to tie my shoes if i didnt feel like it. hes a moron I just didnt want to be involved if he died when i was with him or got someone else hurt (he used to run out in traffic on hartzel road)

Too bad for that rankin kid I bed he regreated it on his way down No going back though :lol:

The kid couldnt convince my to tie my shoes if i didnt feel like it. hes a moron I just didnt want to be involved if he died when i was with him or got someone else hurt (he used to run out in traffic on hartzel road)

Too bad for that rankin kid I bed he regreated it on his way down No going back though :lol:

yeah, once you are flyin, there's no going back unfortunately. never could understand why someone would have such a death wish. too bad he didn't discover fishing.......hard to think suicidal when you are in a peaceful state, such as when you are fishing. hmmmmmmm. maybe there's some sort of therapy idea there for shrinks. I should patent that. LOL.

yeah, once you are flyin, there's no going back unfortunately. never could understand why someone would have such a death wish. too bad he didn't discover fishing.......hard to think suicidal when you are in a peaceful state, such as when you are fishing. hmmmmmmm. maybe there's some sort of therapy idea there for shrinks. I should patent that. LOL.

Na theres a pill for all of this

fukitol.jpg

Yeah fishing really does bring out the best of life :lol:

Archived