Fishing Ontario St. today

Luvevolution

Shawna and I went behind Mc. Raunchie's today and fished the 12 mile. was a descent way to blow almost 4 hours and I DIDN'T GET SKUNKED. LMAO. I caught 2 small perch and a snot rocket. this time was Shawna's turn to be skunked, although, she did manage to land a few weeds and a tree. LOL.

I have pictures of the pike to post, but I have no idea how to. when I click insert image, it aske me to type in the URL and I have no idea. I figured I could just drag it into the field of discussion from my pictures folder, but that doesn't work either. hmmmmmmmm. :dunno: the pics didn't turn out too bad at all, considering they were taken on her cell phone. anyone who can help give a complete idot a tutorial would be a bonus. thanks. LOL

Shawna and I went behind Mc. Raunchie's today and fished the 12 mile. was a descent way to blow almost 4 hours and I DIDN'T GET SKUNKED. LMAO. I caught 2 small perch and a snot rocket. this time was Shawna's turn to be skunked, although, she did manage to land a few weeds and a tree. LOL.

I have pictures of the pike to post, but I have no idea how to. when I click insert image, it aske me to type in the URL and I have no idea. I figured I could just drag it into the field of discussion from my pictures folder, but that doesn't work either. hmmmmmmmm. :dunno: the pics didn't turn out too bad at all, considering they were taken on her cell phone. anyone who can help give a complete idot a tutorial would be a bonus. thanks. LOL

go to photobucket and copy and paste the IMG code

there ya go guys. thanks for all your help. this fish was caught on 10LB test floroclear that we just got yesterday at Peter's Tackle, a 1 ounce sinker and a hook with part of a worm on it, since the Perch I caught not even 5 minutes before, took most of the worm and left a mere one inch piece, with worm guts hangin out. LOL. no leader either, which really surprised the crap out of me. so, I can finally say that I've landed a pike.......doin my happy dance. it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Which one is the Snot Rocket? ....................... hahah j/k nice lil pike you got. If I may suggest, next time take the smoke out of your mouth young people do come out here and could be influenced. :P

Or is that a dubbie?

i agree its hard to say but nice pike

i agree its hard to say but nice pike

it's an Export A and, my wife said the same thing. in retrospect, I would have done that, but with 8 feet of weeds, landing, removing the hook and releasing him/her, the last thing on my mind was getting rid of the smoke. I wanted to let that pretty fish go. you can't really tell to well from the photo, but it had some rather cool purple colour around it's gills and head. very pretty fish. HEY, gimme a break, I was excited, it's my first EVER pike landed, so gimme props for that at least. LOL.

it's an Export A and, my wife said the same thing. in retrospect, I would have done that, but with 8 feet of weeds, landing, removing the hook and releasing him/her, the last thing on my mind was getting rid of the smoke. I wanted to let that pretty fish go. you can't really tell to well from the photo, but it had some rather cool purple colour around it's gills and head. very pretty fish. HEY, gimme a break, I was excited, it's my first EVER pike landed, so gimme props for that at least. LOL.

alright i will when i see ya

Nice Pike. I don't care if you had a smoke going or not.. Hopefully the internet is one of the last places where you don't have to be ashamed of tobacco!

Now.. Continue to target pike and soon enough you'll be trumping your personal best on every trip to the shore.

I love fishing for pike.

One of my favourite things about pike is having your lure just at the surface and almost taking your line out of the water and they strike like a bolt of lightning. I've only had this with smaller pike but still it's a rush!

Again way to go!

Wtg! Nice pike. Is there room for a few anglers down there? I've been targeting pike all summer and haven't pulled any in yet this year, I may have to give it a shot down there - again, nice fish.

Wtg! Nice pike. Is there room for a few anglers down there? I've been targeting pike all summer and haven't pulled any in yet this year, I may have to give it a shot down there - again, nice fish.

where we were, there was room for two people at the most. lots of trees to block your casts. but there are other places where people have obviously trampled the weeds to get into. my advice would be to take a pair of rubber boots with you if you go. LOL. hipwaders waould be nice to get out a few feet into the water maybe.

funny thing is, I wasn't fishing with a lure, or a leader. just 10 LB mono and a one inch piece of worm, since a pesky perch scored the rest of that worm. LOL. he must have got the line though, cause a little while later, I baited with a powerbait crayfish and it came off while casting......the whole hook. so I'm guessing he bit the knot, since I had part of the knot left on the line when I retrieved it. he didn't put up much of a fight though. I thought I had another smallie on, untill he broke the surface at the weedline, then he thrashed around a little bit and I landed him. nice surprise though, especially considering what bait I was using.

now if I could just hook into a descent carp, I'de be happy. LOL.

There once was a day when there were grass pickeral behind there, smaller brother of the chain pickeral. It would be interesting to know if anyone has seen any down there the past few years.

The Town of Fort Erie just finished a studty in a local creek and it was determined the grass pickeral was doing very well there. Seems they are making a comeback. If that was a grass pickeral he had it would be a very good one.

Ha not thats funny :P Its not a joint by the way

Note the orange filter and slender uniform shape.

thanks man. LOL. I deffinitely don't do that and I don't even drink. I drive transport for a living, so neither of those is a good combination for getting behind the wheel.

was a good afternoon of fishing. especially not getting skunked AGAIN. LOL

it was beautiful...i caught 2 trees and a bunch of weeds BUT the sun was hot so it was all good and Rich was so excited to catch his first pike.

thanks hun. it was good to catch that little guy with you there. can't think of anyone else that I would rather be there than you. by the way, happy birthday.......yeah, I'm 45 minutes early, but what the hell. thought I would get it in anyway. LOL.

Archived