Fishing Ontario St. today

Luvevolution

I went down behind mcdonalds tonight after work for about an hour and caught my first pile of the year finally. Was about the same size as yours was, evolution, but the little snotty wrapped around those stupid logs and tires right near the shore and I had to cut the line to let him loose... What's the trick down there? There's no decent spots to pull the fish in past all that junk! Also, did anyone dump a body down there recently, cuz it smelled like there was something decomposing down there. I was using red devils and it didn't take too long for a pike to grab it.

WTG Broods. it's a nice little spot. I figure if you can catch a pike with a worm, you gotta be able to get one with a lure. LOL. I was actually standing on that tire/old chair and casting out from on top of the tire. I was kinda lucky in that when the pike came in, it kinda rolled on top of the weeds and I just dragged it in. if you wanted to get a bit ingenious, you could go down with boots and drag all that crap out of the way and pull some of those weeds and lily pads out. should make for a good spot then. I would, but I don't have any boots. I might just do that in the future though. it's a great little spot. I wouldn't mind clipping some of those trees back a bit too. make a bit more room for casting.

WTG Broods. it's a nice little spot. I figure if you can catch a pike with a worm, you gotta be able to get one with a lure. LOL. I was actually standing on that tire/old chair and casting out from on top of the tire. I was kinda lucky in that when the pike came in, it kinda rolled on top of the weeds and I just dragged it in. if you wanted to get a bit ingenious, you could go down with boots and drag all that crap out of the way and pull some of those weeds and lily pads out. should make for a good spot then. I would, but I don't have any boots. I might just do that in the future though. it's a great little spot. I wouldn't mind clipping some of those trees back a bit too. make a bit more room for casting.

That would be great we could turn it into a really rocking spot!

Guest LockedInTheTrunkOfACar

were there any signs of the beavers down there? I have not been down there this year at all but last year the beavers were doing a good number on that shoreline, you could see where they had some nests in the shoreline following their tracks and they had taken out a good chunk of trees.

Went down there again today... My room mate decided to come along which is awesome because he hasn't fished in about 5 years. We dragged a table from the woods and made into a little platform on the bank, it has a post in the middle which is great for setting your rod in when using a bobber. Hope you guys don't mind. It might look like more junk down there, but it is very handy. You'll see what I mean.

We caught perch, crappie?,Bass catfish and a fat carp

I will attempt to post Pics - also there was a mink running around our feet, cute little guy didn't really mind we were there, he just ran around us and ate a dying perch right in front of us. pretty neat to see

th_IMG_0289.jpg

th_IMG_0293.jpg

th_IMG_0294.jpg

th_IMG_0296.jpg

th_IMG_0297.jpg

th_IMG_0299.jpg

th_IMG_0300.jpg

th_IMG_0101.jpg

th_IMG_0103.jpg

th_IMG_0295.jpg

look at the smile on that last one, He's happy that he won't be made into my lunch today.

couldn't keep the bobber in the water for more than 5 min all day. Good times.

Went down there again today... My room mate decided to come along which is awesome because he hasn't fished in about 5 years. We dragged a table from the woods and made into a little platform on the bank, it has a post in the middle which is great for setting your rod in when using a bobber. Hope you guys don't mind. It might look like more junk down there, but it is very handy. You'll see what I mean.

We caught perch, crappie?,Bass catfish and a fat carp

I will attempt to post Pics - also there was a mink running around our feet, cute little guy didn't really mind we were there, he just ran around us and ate a dying perch right in front of us. pretty neat to see

Awesome bunch of fish! were they all caught on worms?

look at the smile on that last one, He's happy that he won't be made into my lunch today.

Thats the happiest caught fish I ever seen in my life. :dunno: Nice job you guys!!

told you it was a great spot........did I lie? LOL. and it's always a surprise what you pull out of there, which is a bonus. we had the same thing happen when we were there.........bite after bite. you couldn't keep your line in more than a few minutes. we were fishing the bottom though. what depth did you set your bobber at? just curious since it's hard to guage the depth there.

hey Broods, meant to ask what you were using for bait. we were just using worms and had some good luck. just wondered if you'de tried something different.

Im going to guess worms maybe corn. (ive caught bass and bluegill on corn)

I tried throwing spoons for a bit but they weren't working today... So we used worms - none got wasted this time, gave the leftovers to the 2 guys that were waiting for us to leave, hope they had as good a bite as we did. Bobbers were set about 30" from the hook. Catfish catfish catfish. I hate catching catfish, even tho they're smiling

Archived