Some more fish

Erik.T.

I have been kinda inactive lately so here are some pics.

For trip number one it was down to the welland river in search of channel cats and hopefully a sheepshead. but no sheepshead only channel cats. We did however see a mudpuppy for the first time in that creek.

001c020.jpg

Then this weekend we went up the st.Lawrence to our awesome spot.

We saw a bowfin surface nearby but when I cast my lure he got spooked.

This is my first pike in one or two years. I caught a pike in the same spot a year or two ago with the same lure but this pike is smaller than the other.

001c025.jpg

001c024.jpg

An oddly patterned rockbass.

001c023.jpg

A large pumpkinseed

001c021.jpg

A nice sized bluegill.

001c030.jpg

A cool looking spot that only produced a goby.

001c027.jpg

Not a bad week at all Erik. You have some nice fish there and I recognize the one area from my childhood. Keep catching...too bad school's going to get in the way :P . I agree with bigugli on the goby spot. I definitely would've run some of my popper fly patterns through there. Keep on catching.

Tight Lines,

Alex

Not a bad week at all Erik. You have some nice fish there and I recognize the one area from my childhood. Keep catching...too bad school's going to get in the way <_< . I agree with bigugli on the goby spot. I definitely would've run some of my popper fly patterns through there. Keep on catching.

Tight Lines,

Alex

Yeah but my dad will be able to drive me to trout streams in our area after school! I did try some spinners and other lures at that last place but it looked pretty dead. Plus from the trash in that area I would assume that it get fished very often.

Where are there trout streams in niagara... are there any??

Keep in mind that I am from the suburbs east of Toronto not Niagara.

you can pm me that question and I will give a better answer but on an open forum for now my answer is "yes"

Archived