BigLures Big Fish?

Tom Chopin

It's funny this started because the other day we were casting cleos and I got a silver bass that was actually smaller than the lure. Batteries were dead in the camera but it sure would have made a great pic. But look at it this way, at least you know that lure catches fish......

I was fishing with Pete E and his stepdad, Wayne, many years ago at a lake somewhere west of South River. We were trolling for lake trout when we came into a small bay and all our lures got heavier. We had managed to catch a small 2 to 3" perch on almost every hook of each lure, Wayne caught 4 on the big kwikfish with the side hooks.

Sometimes a small fish's eyesight is bigger than their stomach, or mouth.

Linz

A small 3" perch or bass etc. will chase any size lure out of curiosity rather than hunger . They will nip the trailing hooks & sometimes will hook themselves on those needle sharp trebles . I have hooked minnows in the mouth while reeling in my line with a spoon or a worm ! It is funny to catch a 3" perch on a 6" Rap ! Take a picture and write a caption like "what are you going to do now boy ? :rolleyes:

Smallmouth bass at any size are very very aggressive fish , the colour probably trigured that not only that its a replica crayfish as it looks so it got even more excited, smallmouthg love crayfish!

I was told that every predatory fish will either take a meal half its size and/or eat up to half its body weight, till whenever it needs to feed again. I was watching a show on Discovery about Great Whites and the guy was throwing out Tuna that they knew the exact weight of for each fish. the 1100 pounder they were feeding ate almost 600 pounds of Tuna before it gave up and swam off. DAAAMN ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Wow didnt think theyd be out that far... it make me sick.. these stupid ugly peice of crap good for nothing fish.. when im fishing and i ctch one i just want to stop fishing and go home... they piss me right off...

Ya we get em off the rigger 2 at a time sometimes too, even some the size of my pinky are hitting the harness. Actually caught a eye on one by accident so they like em too. Just gotta check your bait more often where ever you fish.

Similarly..

Last weekend this was all I caught in three nights of fishing.

Believe it or not, it didn't fight very hard. The spoon is probably heavier than it.

I was hoping for a pike! Hence chucking the 5 of diamonds.

When it hit, it managed to get all three barbs in its mouth at once. Must have been hungry.

034.jpg

Sauger caught on 5 of daimonds.

Archived