Rigging a Minnow

Backwoods

Just wondering what way you guys and gals rig a minnow while float fishing. I'm just trying to figure out the most productive way. I usually rig them through the back thinking that it would be the most natural presentation. Any thoughts?

still water thru the back

drifting with current thru the lips

just my preference for most natural presentations

I haven't tossed bait in a while. Most of the time with current I was the same way... being through the lips. The method I used still or through the ice was the slim section just before the tail. I thought that they really struggled back there and thrashed around more.

Alex

Still water float fishing ....lightly through the dorsal .....unless they are dead , through the mouth bottom to top to allow for jerking them a little to make them look alive .

Current fishing.....either way & if perch fishing.....double hook starting near the tail & back into the side behind the dorsal to avoid internal damage .......uses less minnows this way .

I hook minnow through the lip but have found that out of 10 hits 2-3 of them take the minnow and do not get to the hook. I havent tried this but I might suggest like Smerch a lindy "sting-R" hook that attatches onto the first hook this second trebel you may want to hook loosely by the tail to still allow movement.

Archived