Went Trolling Today

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Met a freind (Lakeshore aka Mario)

This AM.

Launched and headed out of PD. Turned right and headed to the Canal. Noticed the D.Rigger rod bouncing,figured it was the waves,will never know,I checked it after setting up the other rods and my R.R.was gone :-/

Did manage to have a good time,nothing better then trolling with a fellow Red Sox Fan ;D

Mario was the first,

Maroi03152.jpg

Got to love this cold weather

Ice_0315.jpg

Then it was my turn,you can have all the fish you want when were Salmon fishing but... LT fishing,out of the way

LT0315.jpg

Had a real good time Mario!

Thanks for putting up with me :lol:

Great to see some nice FISH Brian ........That sunshine can be deceiving , it was prob.below freezing in the shade . Our ice holes kept freezing over today at the old Welland canal at Dain city . ......two small perch.......Glad to see Buddy hasn't got hold of your camera.... :lol:

Guest bradley_p

Nice catch Brian and Mario. Im heading down to Queeston tomorrow Wed. about 8am for a few hours with cplummer hope to get a few bows. will let you now how we do

brad

Guest yo fish

Hi Brian, nice catch I was at the bar and all over the lower with nothing to show for my day other than it was great to get out. The waves at the bar were to large to handle so we bounced the bottom and at queenston and across as well as everywhere else it felt like.How many did you catch and where?I thought you were going to fish the upper which I've never fished-need a partner with coffee and donuts?(I promise to never tell your spots to anyone other than who I fish with in future.)

Hi Brian, nice catch I was at the bar and all over the lower with nothing to show for my day other than it was great to get out. The waves at the bar were to large to handle so we bounced the bottom and at queenston and across as well as everywhere else it felt like.How many did you catch and where?I thought you were going to fish the upper which I've never fished-need a partner with coffee and donuts?(I promise to never tell your spots to anyone other than who I fish with in future.)

12505[/snapback]

Got 2 and probably had another one on,but had just put the one rod down on the Rigger,and didn't believe it could be a fish. Took about a 1/2hr before he left with my bait. :dunno::)

Trollingmario0303.JPG

Both fish came on body baits,on the riggers,nothing on the boards. I was high on the Riggers and down deep for this time of year on the boards. Fish were 6-16' down.

Marios first LT. Need to get him a Brown next

Heading back out Thursday and friday if the winds hold.

Guest bradley_p

im going down to Queeston friday morning with cplummer i hope around 6:30-7 am we are down there today far a few hours nothing caught

brad

how was the water vis and ice flow?

we are heading out tomorrow morning out of Queenston then to the bar, hopefully.

12517[/snapback]

Only ice we ran into was up the Canal.

canalice0314.JPG

and some bad luck with frozen donuts. :dunno:

water vis,good and green :)

Guest yo fish

Hey Brian

I,m coming down fri. with a buddy in my boat and was thinking port D. Your welcome to join us if you like or see on the water.In regards to location what's your opinion.

Hey Brian

I,m coming down fri. with a buddy in my boat and was thinking port D. Your welcome to join us if you like or see on the water.In regards to location what's your opinion.

12551[/snapback]

Stevek aka Rigger Mortis and I will be out Friday mornin also. In that area launching at 8am

Archived