Today

alexthegrrr8

Hey Gang:

I just need a little clarification. Back in April I paid attention to the opening of trout season for the first time ever. I knew that when the clock struck midnight on the 25th it was game on. LOL... I'm apparently dyslexic this morning but was the season done last night at midnight or is it tonight at midnight? Today is the 30th and I was thinking of getting into some last minute brookies. Thank God for places like Bronte and the 'geen and anywhere else that offers extended seasons. Hmmmm... I really should suck it up and wander the gorge (I've had 3 heart attacks) I'm missing some fishing me thinks.

Alex

Hey Gang:

I just need a little clarification. Back in April I paid attention to the opening of trout season for the first time ever. I knew that when the clock struck midnight on the 25th it was game on. LOL... I'm apparently dyslexic this morning but was the season done last night at midnight or is it tonight at midnight? Today is the 30th and I was thinking of getting into some last minute brookies. Thank God for places like Bronte and the 'geen and anywhere else that offers extended seasons. Hmmmm... I really should suck it up and wander the gorge (I've had 3 heart attacks) I'm missing some fishing me thinks.

Alex

I should think that with 3 coronaries under your belt there is some permanent damage done. Going down the face to fish the gorge might just get you #4.

I should think that with 3 coronaries under your belt there is some permanent damage done. Going down the face to fish the gorge might just get you #4.

Yeah I have to be so careful and it's the reason why I've shyed away from the 'pool and other areas except for one night while hosting a friend from a fly fishing board that I belong to. It took me 4 days to recover. The worst part is knowing that I have a fishery like that so close to my front door and I really can't take advantage.

Alex

Alex

It's all closed up as of midnight tonight, exception would be the extended area that are clearly marked in the reg's book

Hula:

Thanks for the clarification. That was the way that interpreted it. I went to a place where I go for brrokies today to get one last one until next April... wasn't meant to be. It's always nice to work on my casting (roll casts, snake rolls and such). Might be time to target pike on the fly.

Alex

Hey Gang:

Alex

Just because you can't make it down the trail any more doesn't mean you can't fish the gorge anymore!

I have to repost my post from this thread. http://www.niagarafishing.net/forums/index...l=dad%27s+diner

Near where I work, there are several older gentlemen (70's and 80's) who can't hike the trail to the Niagara Gorge anymore.

Their solution is ingenious.

In the Fall, they start out with breakfast at "Dads Diner on Victoria Ave".

Then go to the "White Water Walk, AKA Great Gorge Adventure" http://www.niagaraparks.com/nfgg/whitewater.php

They take the elevator down and fish for Salmon for the day, then take the elevator back up at the end of the day.

A few years ago the parks instituted a Season's Pass, which saves them loads of money http://www.niagaraparks.com/nfgg/Seasons-pass.php

I know all of this because one of them calls me from "Dad's Diner" every morning asking what colour the water is.

It is an area of the gorge rarely fished.

thanks drsmooth thats a very helpful reply i wouldnt mind getting down there but i dont really like fishing by myself and the old man cant do the walk either lol

might be able to work something out to fish the whirlpool form that cable car ride. LOL. hey, come on, it could work. hahahaha

Just because you can't make it down the trail any more doesn't mean you can't fish the gorge anymore!

I have to repost my post from this thread. http://www.niagarafishing.net/forums/index...l=dad%27s+diner

Near where I work, there are several older gentlemen (70's and 80's) who can't hike the trail to the Niagara Gorge anymore.

Their solution is ingenious.

In the Fall, they start out with breakfast at "Dads Diner on Victoria Ave".

Then go to the "White Water Walk, AKA Great Gorge Adventure" http://www.niagaraparks.com/nfgg/whitewater.php

They take the elevator down and fish for Salmon for the day, then take the elevator back up at the end of the day.

A few years ago the parks instituted a Season's Pass, which saves them loads of money http://www.niagaraparks.com/nfgg/Seasons-pass.php

I know all of this because one of them calls me from "Dad's Diner" every morning asking what colour the water is.

It is an area of the gorge rarely fished.

Doc:

That is a phenomenal idea and one that is worth exploring and executing on. On behalf of my heart and fishing ways... thanks for a great idea.

Alex

might be able to work something out to fish the whirlpool form that cable car ride. LOL. hey, come on, it could work. hahahaha

The problem with the cable car ride is you only get about 10 minutes of fishing for your 12 bucks and you need 240 ft of line to hit the water!

Doc:

That is a phenomenal idea and one that is worth exploring and executing on. On behalf of my heart and fishing ways... thanks for a great idea.

Alex

If you want more info, the number for the White water walk is (905) 374-1221

Although "The old guys" will be pissed about me giving up their spot! Don't tell them it was me....

EDIT: I have to add if you have heart problems don't start out the day at Dad's Diner, the food is great but you may end up with another one! They may have heart healthy options now but I haven't been there in 8 years.

Also if you hop the rail to fish, be sure you are back on the board walk or somewhere you can be seen by staff 1/2 hour before closing time. Unless you want to stay the night.

Archived