Rainbows, Carp, and a red Dragon fly

shadow

The rainbow pics are from sunday morning when ham&eggs and i went out for our first rainbow outing of the year. The others are from last saturday if i remember right! We made it out on the lower at 7 and went 2 for 3 for the day after triing many different drifts all our fish came from artpark. Stayed out till about 12 wen the north wind started to pic up and called it a day. Enjoys all the pics.

KENSPIC1028.jpg

KENSPIC1029.jpg

KENSPIC1027.jpg

Early morning pic before we launched.

KENSPIC1021-1.jpg

KENSPIC1023-1.jpg

The carp were caught at dufferin islands.

KENSPIC1022-1.jpg

Red Dragon Fly on edge of net. Never seen one that color!

KENSPIC1026.jpg

Beaver damage at duff. Usually see them swimming at around 730 pm each night. Theres usually

about 4.

Nice healthy looking steelies guys and Derek's fish is a very pretty bow .The fly must be in drag or something ....like spawning colours :D . The last time I fished at Duff , many years ago , we were catching salmon .

Guest LockedInTheTrunkOfACar

Exactly on the islands. They started putting up the festival of lights displays in September, I know this cause I went to go for a walk on the islands before work one morning (looking for fish) and they have a gate up on the one walk bridge.

how big do the carp get in there, the second carp pic looks not bad, i heard that they can get into the 20's there just wondering about size.

I've seen some big carp in there but hav'nt hooked into any yet. My friend there landed a 16lber one day and they usually are a good size, hav'nt caught many small ones there. Yes we were using roe for the trout.

Archived