Nov 24/09

packrat

After a few aborted efforts finally decided to hit up a Lady O trib with a buddy of mine. Figured might as well give it a try even tho was intimidated by his description of how to get in/out of this place. Heard so much about how good this spot was so WTH!!!!!!

Meet up at 6ish have a quick cuppa with him and awaaaaay we go.

Pull into the parking lot and get suited up in full chest waders and boots (first time for me). After a lot of huffing/puffing to get the #%$#@ on away we go. :)

Down we go, taking our time (man this hill is steep) :D

Hit the creek and OMG --where's the water. Except for a few holes she was real skinny every where we looked and we did a good morning of looking. First run we try, get a little bump (OK) lets work it over. I wound up with a small smolt, he gets three creek chub and one bite off. Says it felt like it had some weight to it-----so he says :D

Continue on downstream checking out every piece of water that looked like it might hold fish but Nada. Did see a couple of old boots swimming around.

Now its time to walk outta here and he shows me the trail up, which at least is a trail so its an easy? climb out with a few pit stops thrown in to get your pulse back to normal. Now comes the hard part getting those $%#$ waders OFF. With a little teamwork this part actually goes quite well.

What doesnt kill you will only make you anxious to try again----waders only had a tiny leak in the foot but not enough to worry about. Now have the confidence to to try some "backyard" fishing complete with waders. B)

Looks like a whole lot of huffin & puffin going on for a smolt & creek chub.....should have went to the Niagara gorge Pack. :) I didn't do much %$@ better at Port Da. B) ...one hammer handle that wanted to mate with my J13 (Jane) plus his father just taking a boo at it . Gord....there is a way to get out og those waders , gracefully .........just take your bucket & fill them with water ......you will slide right out ! :D

Archived